Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Diamondlucid: A Succession Game  (Read 8518 times)

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diamondlucid: A Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »

quote:
Of course, I didn't realize til afterwards that the miner was Thimeth, and he purposely didn't warn me that the wall had one of Mistem's masterpieces on it. He happily smashed the engraving to bits, and obviously when Mistem found out he was devastated.

*cackles evilly*

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2007, 07:03:00 pm »

Gar, DF crashed on me a month in to summer. "FATAL CRASH: Unit File Missing" or somesuch. Frustrating. I got this far before the crash:

Hematite (Early Summer)
This was strange, dwarves were complaining of the lack of wells. They say they're being forced to drink from the rivers:

There was plenty of alcohol. Sure, production has been lagging lately but we're not dry. I re-located the drinks stockpile to an even more obvious location, so hopefully people can find it now.

As I was on my way to make sure the new "noble" quarters were getting the proper furniture, the cry went up of a successful birth! Ral gave birth to a healthy girl.

I had her taken off military duty in the interest of the little one. She doesn't have any civilian skills in particular, but I told her she could help make crafts and decorate when she wasn't taking busy with the baby. I'm sure the little dwarf will grow up as fierce as her mother.
-----------

Well, I think I'll call it quits anyway. I'm not having fun playing, and it takes a long time to work through it. I guess succesion games aren't for me. The next player can either pick it up where I left off (late Spring) or go back to Arkan's save.

1st year: RETIRED - Fedor
2nd year: RETIRED - Adalor
3rd year: RETIRED - Arkan15
4th year: (RETIRED - Tobul) and ??
5th year: Grek, with Markham as sub
6th year: Tarrasque
7th year:

Save: http://rapidshare.com/files/61231134/save.rar.html

Grek's up, if he's feeling better, otherwise it's Markham. PM'd. Sorry guys.

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »

I wasn't expecting my turn to come so soon, and  I have too much that needs to get done.  I'll have to forfeit my turn.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:00 pm »

Odd, I really wasn't expecting my turn anytime soon, but, I can take it if Grek is still feeling off.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:00 pm »

I can go.

[ October 09, 2007: Message edited by: Grek ]

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

Updated list:

Year

1st year: RETIRED - Fedor
2nd year: RETIRED - Adalor
3rd year: RETIRED - Arkan15
4th year: Grek
5th year:  Tarrasque
6th year and following:  undecided, with Markham, then Pitchblack, then new players

Grek, you are responsible for updating this list when done with your year.

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 02:35:00 am »

Palath-halir has waited long enough for a leader.  Grek, you're out for failure to post. If you want back in, sign up at the end of the list.  

Here's the updated list:

Tarrasque gets first dibs up until the 21st (midnight, his time).
Markham gets first dibs up until the 24th (ditto).
Pitchblack gets first dibs up until the 27th (ditto).

On the 28th and later, anyone who starts posting the story of a new year is leader as of that moment.

As soon as Palath-halir gets a new leader, his list of following players cancels this one.

[ October 17, 2007: Message edited by: Fedor ]

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »

Alrighty, I will claim leadership, however, I will not be able to get started tonight since I have to work. I shall be started soon and I usually buss through a year rather quickly, although, it depends on how long it takes me to get aquainted with the fortress and setup my goals.

Um, I am going to take the save from where the last leader stopped off, but, I suppose it is either up to you guys wether I do the rest of his term and then a year of my own or if you want me to just do the rest of his term.

[ October 17, 2007: Message edited by: Tarrasque ]

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2007, 01:00:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrasque:
<STRONG>Alrighty, I will claim leadership, however, I will not be able to get started tonight since I have to work. I shall be started soon and I usually buss through a year rather quickly, although, it depends on how long it takes me to get aquainted with the fortress and setup my goals.

Um, I am going to take the save from where the last leader stopped off, but, I suppose it is either up to you guys wether I do the rest of his term and then a year of my own or if you want me to just do the rest of his term.

[ October 17, 2007: Message edited by: Tarrasque ]</STRONG>

One vote for you doing what you want to do.  If you want a year and a half, or just half a year, either's fine by me.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2007, 12:52:00 am »

Having a bit of trouble deciding what I want to do with the fortress. I should have ideas worked out in a way I want them too sometime this weekend. This one will take me a bit longer to get through then some of my other Succession Games, which is good and bad.   ;)

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2007, 01:40:00 am »

If my turn comes before November, just skip me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]