Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Custom Reactions and Metals Questions  (Read 936 times)

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Custom Reactions and Metals Questions
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »

EDIT: THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO GO IN A QUESTION THREAD. PLS IGNORE.
EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. This can't go in the 0.42 question thread because I'm running 0.34, and it has little to do with entities and creatures.

I've run across a problem I don't know how to fix - can anyone help out?

I've got a custom reaction I'm trying to get working, which revolves around "honing" slade rock down to metal bars. Firstly, the reaction is permitted in entity_default.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And secondly, it's got its own reaction in reaction_smelter.txt:

Finally, the original slade stone is all prepped up for being used in such a reaction:

However, when I gen a new world, get the mats together and try to carry out the reaction in a smelter, it shows up in red at the bottom of the available job list on the building, and I can't select it for carrying out. In addition, a superfluous option for "smelt slade Ore" does show up, but only produces four bars, unlike the sixteen my custom reaction is supposed to produce (them slade stones be dense). Any ideas on fixing this?

At least, however, the metal can be made, right? Sure, but that leads to question 2: I can't use it to make stuff. I want to be able to make weapons and a few other gubbins with it, and I've added the relevant tags, but an option for "slade" doesn't even show up in the forge menu under the weapons section (or any other section). How to go about patching this up?

Help with either problem would be greatly appreciated - I've read the modding guides, but I guess I missed something and I'm having trouble un-missing it. Can provide further info on request.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:08:34 pm by Roach »
How do I do it? Prune juice.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Reactions and Metals Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:27:03 am »

You should either give slade METAL_ORE, which uses the default smelting system, or use a custom reaction, not both. For a custom reaction, you would want this to be your reagent:
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SLADE]
As to the second problem, I'm not sure. Does the errorlog say anything?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:29:42 am by Nahere »

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Reactions and Metals Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:08:03 pm »

You should either give slade METAL_ORE, which uses the default smelting system, or use a custom reaction, not both. For a custom reaction, you would want this to be your reagent:
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SLADE]
This worked perfectly, thank you!

As to the second problem, I'm not sure. Does the errorlog say anything?
No joy there. However, I tinkered around a little longer and discovered I'd made a fundamental goof: I simply forgot to begin the raw with "[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]". All fixed up now :)
How do I do it? Prune juice.