Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Testing a syndrome  (Read 708 times)

Jokaste

• Bay Watcher
  • hOI!!!!!
    • View Profile
Testing a syndrome
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:12:09 pm »

So, I'm working on creating a custom material/liquid and was creating a syndrome to go along with it, similar to gnomeblight. However, since it's quite a pain to actually remove liquids from containers, I attached the syndrome to iron in order to test out the syndrome effects.

Code: [Select]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:soulshock]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
  [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:600:END:1200]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:600:END:1200]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY:START:100:PEAK:600:END:1200]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:ANGUISH:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:150:END:300:DWF_STRETCH:4]

Nothing is happening, however, when I enter arena mode and touch creatures with iron weapons, whether simply picking them up, licking them or actually getting injured by them. (And since contact is included, simply touching something made of iron should cause the syndrome.) Heck, even attaching it to the spit material template and then spitting on people in Arena doesn't do anything. Could anyone lend me a hand with figuring out what's wrong or recommend an easier way to test a syndrome?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:16:01 pm by Jokaste »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Testing a syndrome
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:01:31 am »

Contact syndromes only take effect as liquids and contaminants. In the case of spit not working, I would guess the small quantity of the material would be the problem. What happens if you crank up the severity and spit it at them?
Also, unconsciousness should not be VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY.

Jokaste

• Bay Watcher
  • hOI!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:08:49 am »

No dice, moved the severity to 1000 for everything and nothing happened. I also added the syndrome to dog blood and then proceeded to bathe/drink the blood of dead dogs in arena in hopes that my dwarf would convulse in anguish before suffering massive necrosis but nothing happened. :(

Thanks for pointing out the unconsciousness thing though!

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:58 am »

It can possibly be your time starter and ender. Same happened to me, my paralysis syndrome wasn't doing anything even though it's supposed to paralyze them completely at contact. Turns out it was the START thing.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png