Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breakfastlunches, a 43.02 succession fort  (Read 1367 times)

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breakfastlunches, a 43.02 succession fort
« on: May 13, 2016, 05:17:46 pm »

Breakfastlunches
A succession fortress in the new update, 42.02
In the year 125, The Outrageous Gears, a dwarven civilization, decided to settle in the Mire of Taxing, next to the river Ivybaldness. They sent 7 dwarves, with migrants coming later in the year. They named the fortress Onlilason, or Breakfastlunches, and the group was called Kosh Tilat, dwarven for The Slaughter of Children.
Worldgen settings:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Embark site:
Turn list:
COMPLETED|PLAYING|SKIPPED
TheError
MoonyTheHuman
Dorf list:
Rules:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:58:57 pm by TheError »

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastlunches, a 43.02 succession fort
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:20:38 pm »

PTW in case this gets going. I'll take a dwarf whenever someone sees a dwarf that they think could use the name "Sloth".
And maybe at some point i'll grab a turn.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:43:28 pm »

1st Granite, 125:
We have arrived! The site looks good, except for one thing- it's cold. The river doesn't look like it will thaw soon, but I guess that's better than if hippopotamuses or elephants lived there! Even if it wasn't freezing, I would still like to get back into the warm grasp of the ground soon.
Here's the site so far:
20th Granite, 125:
The digging is continuing, and soon, we might have beds! But first are the necessities- a farm, food, and alcohol. This is what we have so far (with and without notes):
Also, here is the list of the dwarves so far:

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:19:12 pm »

9th Slate, 125:
The snow just melted (but the river hasn't). I realized that the water buffalo would need a pasture, so I made one. The stockpile is almost halfway finished.
I also made the engineer, Sloth, the Bookkeeper. However, we won't make an office for him yet.
18th Slate, 125:
The ice is melting, the second farm got built, the stockpile is almost completely dug out, and we have struck tiger iron, which is not a rare type of pig iron.
22nd Slate, 125:
The stockpile is finished! The dwarves will be hauling for the next week or so, while the miners dig out a new meeting area and we disassemble the caravan.
Also we have coal. I thought it was a gem earlier (likely due to the exposure to the sun), but while I was hauling, I noticed that it was bituminous coal.
10th Felsite, 125:
The staircase failed:

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 05:14:05 pm »

Dorf and turn (Jenga fort will take a while to get to me)

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »

10th Hematite, 125:
Summer has started, and with it, many things have been built. We have eight bedrooms (the last was for symmetry), we built a new staircase (the old one was covered with floor and leads into the hallway for bedrooms), and down two levels, we have begun building workshops. We've got most of the fortress set up, so now we'll dig for metals.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 05:22:43 pm »

13th Malachite, 125:
Some migrants have arrived. I will make bedrooms on a floor above the ground floor. I have also made some farms two floors above the ground/entrance floor, but it probably won't be necessary.
14th Malachite, 125:
The migrants arrived on the other side of the river. I designated a large bridge to be made.
25th Malachite, 125:
The bridge has been built! Over the week, the migrants tried going around the bridge, but soon gave up and waited. They also considered eating someone's horse, because they were starving. But now they're here, and the population has more than doubled, now at 16. I'll need 2 more bedrooms.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

26th Malachite, 125:
These children are playing on the other side of the river, where we can't protect them:
5th Galena:
We've found a cavern. There are troglodytes down there (6), so we won't explore until we have a military.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »

Many pages are either ripped, undecipherable, or drawings of a strange building.
The most readable one among these pages is this:
11 L***ST**E 125
C**AV** F*OM ZA**L*N A*RI**D
NO T**D*NG
ON** PR**ECT

1st Timber, 125:
I am finished with my masterwork Microcline Tavern! [Out of Character: No pictures because the process of opening Snipping Tool, Taking the picture, uploading it, and posting the picture is too long a task to do for 3 levels] On the bottom, there are 4 pillars (2 of which are used to hold up the building), the second level is nothing but a staircase for now, and the 3rd level is a Tavern! I assigned Moony, the Brewer, as the Tavern Keeper. I won't be able to build everything I was planning on building, from a lack of resources, and because my insanity will probably kill me, but future rulers will be able to expand it. I only ask that it be made only of Microcline, because I want it to keep its title as the Blue Building. Also, when there are at least 50 people on it at once, please hack at the pillars and have them all fall down and die! Then rebuild it with cinnabar and make the Red Building! Include in it bloody places, such as a cannibal pit! It will be a wonderful source of entertainment!
I will never leave the Blue Building!
NEVER!

There are no more pages.

I will post the save tomorrow. My dwarf will probably die.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »