Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: current DF release schedule - any more bugfix releases coming up?  (Read 941 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I just wanted to make sure... the current DF version is stable, yes?

Toady is working on myth generation and world history and all that, and there are no more DF bugfix updates coming... dfhack is updated, as are most other utilities... tilesets caught up too...

That right so far?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:18:59 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: current DF release schedule - any more bugfix releases coming up?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 10:43:35 am »

Toady is currently working on manager upgrades, with bugfixes coming up afterwards (per the 03/07/2016 devlog), then he'll most likely go for the 64-bit releases, presumably combined with another bugfix release, and then he'll move on to the artifact/myth stuff assuming he doesn't want to continue the bugfix period. Can't say anything about DFHack or most tilesets, though at least Ironhand is kept up-to-date by GoldenShadow.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 12:27:44 pm »

Rally Ho is updated to 42.05, and there weren't any tileset changes in 42.06, though I'm making an update with some other stuff I wanted done anyway.

I'm pretty sure Gemset is up to date with 42.06 and is being actively developed.

Phoebus and Mike Mayday aren't updating their sets personally anymore, but community members are keeping them compatible with new versions.

Fricy was maintaining a lot of sets, but he's vanished.  It looks like Peridexis is making a new tileset repository in his place,

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:23 pm »

Any interruptions from Toady will not be disruptive to the raw process in the near future.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 06:47:49 pm »

so the raws stay the same, but features and bugfixes wil occur?
i think that's good news.

i hope TWBT and othe rplugins will get updated then.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)