Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Xtrading socksX  (Read 503 times)

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
Xtrading socksX
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:02 am »

could someone please direct, or remind me of how to send worn articles of clothing to a stockpile near my trade depot?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Xtrading socksX
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:16:32 am »

Have a workshop-linked stockpile and a take-everywhere stockpile.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xtrading socksX
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:33:26 am »

I use the DFHack command "cleanowned scattered x" once a year to confiscate and dump all worn stuff (and a few other things) dumped by dorfs. Note that this command doesn't "cheat" as it does what you can do yourself by tediously go through everything manually and mark them for dumping. This will cause them to be dumped, but you can place a clothing stockpile under you dump zone and have that give to a stockpile near the trade depot. You'd need to unforbid the dumped items to get them hauled from the dump/stockpile, though, and I usually unforbid ('d'-'b') the stuff as a caravan month starts.
I don't actually use a stockpile under my dump zone. Instead, my trade depot inferior clothing stockpile takes all clothing that isn't masterworks (i.e. newly produced stuff as well) as their actual value (I try to give my dorfs masterworks clothing only, and sell off the failures).