Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Lungfish  (Read 1269 times)

Lord Cheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lungfish
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »

I am aware that lungfish can go on land and in water, but I had assumed that they would not be able to fly, until I saw one doing just that in one of my forts. I looked on the wiki, which was unusually unhelpful. Has this wonder of nature been seen before?

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: The Lungfish
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:00:06 pm »

Yes, they can fly.
Known bug.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:30:09 pm »

Yes, they can fly.
Known bug.

Wait, like, since fish can breathe and swim in water, lungfish can swim in air because they can breath it?
where can I find lungfish? I wanna watch it.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 02:49:39 am »

Sufficiently warm climates, I believe. The wiki page might provide info. It's not much to watch, though, as lungfish are vermin fish, so they just blink in and out of existence like pond turtles do. It WOULD have been interesting if it was orcas instead...

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:13:39 am »

When we can hurl corpses with catapults, and can hit more than one Z-level with siege engines, I know what I'm gonna be hurling at the enemy. Flaming orca corpses.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:32:00 am »

Of course lungfish can fly, how else would they escape landsharks?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

Now I have to make mini mod to include landsharks in my tropical biome fauna. Carp will have nothing on the terror that is the landshark.

Better yet, I should mod in a sharknado as well. Some sort of flying shark monstrosity made mostly of countless sets of snapping jaws and razor sharp teeth.

Lord Cheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:05:05 am »

If we are going to transfer animals between environments, why not make a new terror of the seas: the waterelephant. Its strength and power will be matched only by its beauty and grace.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 09:56:39 am »

Now I have to make mini mod to include landsharks in my tropical biome fauna. Carp will have nothing on the terror that is the landshark.

Better yet, I should mod in a sharknado as well. Some sort of flying shark monstrosity made mostly of countless sets of snapping jaws and razor sharp teeth.

Zombie and skeletal fish can go on land. Atleast they used to be able to. I remember once seeing a skeletal giant sperm whale get into one of my earlier forts and kill most dwarves. Of course that was way back when zombies didnt die after a set amount of hits and kept resurrecting endlessly.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...