Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DEADBOLT 2D Stealth/Action hybrid from the makers of Risk of Rain  (Read 922 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394970/

Deadbolt: the newest game from Hopoo Games, the guys who made the quite lovely action roguelike Risk of Rain.

from the steam store page:
DEADBOLT is an extremely challenging stealth-action hybrid that allows you to take control of the reaper to quell the recent undead uprising. Play and complete missions given to you by the mysterious fireplace as you become the avatar of death. While the reaper has an impressive arsenal and skillset to kill the undead, he has one flaw - he dies in one shot... leaving you with no room for error.

It was released last week to... basically no fanfare. I've heard literally nothing about this game. I only found out about it today thanks to the musician's YouTube channel. It's getting rather good reviews on Steam though.

So, has anyone gotten their hands on the game? Any opinions?
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DEADBOLT 2D Stealth/Action hybrid from the makers of Risk of Rain
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

I remember playing the free prototype of this some months back.  Was fun.  I'll probably be picking this up near future.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:20:14 am »

Saw Jef Major play it a little while ago, seemed pretty good. remind me a bit of Hot Line Miami in style.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 11:35:44 am »

They must not be very good at marketing, because I didn't know this was out. I liked the prototype though, I'll add this one to the list.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 12:35:13 pm »

about 40% done with the main story--awesome game, great mechanics and animations that make you feel badass!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.