Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTF just happened in your(my) fort?!  (Read 987 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
WTF just happened in your(my) fort?!
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

Where you fuss and rant, and basicly tell us, about the latest WTF moment in your fort! i made this thread because i know there could be some funny WTFs lying around
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:36:09 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WTF just happened in your(my) fort?!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:06:21 pm »

After several years of diminishing seiges, I finally got a big one with mounts and trolls and all Yay!

Shortly after it began, I get a message about a dwarf found dead who was inside already when the siege started. A human visitor (and I verified that he was a "visitor", not one of the invaders. He also bypassed all the traps) was starting fights with people. He killed three dwarves and a war dog before I realized what was going on and sent the military after him.

The bizarre thing was, no one was reacting. There were no job cancellations near him, no one fought back, it was like no one could see him at all, until I gave the kill order, at which point the military dwarves nearby finally saw him.

A little later, my marksdwarves killed my war roc :(. (And no, it had not reverted to wild, or semi-wild, or even forgotten it's training).
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
Re: WTF just happened in your(my) fort?!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:55:50 pm »

Goblin poet punches one of my dwarfs randomly. One of my axelords! He retaliates, swiftly killing the goblin. No biggie, right? Stuff like that happens in taverns.

Wrong. I think the poet had earlier joined my fort and it caused another axelord to join the fight. Suddenly there is a fight to the death between several soldiers, poets, workers and miners in my tavern, the library and near the trade depot. In a futile attempt to restore order I stationed 2 well trained squads in the tavern which just fueled the loyalty spiral even more. My fort went from 110 pop to 30 in maybe a minute or two. It was truly terrifying. Also inevitable.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)