Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nightfall (Suggestion Game)  (Read 1160 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Nightfall (Suggestion Game)
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

NIGHTFALL

You sit at the counter of the Tombstone bar. You slowly sip a nondescript drink that may not even be alcoholic. The tombstone is not known for being a very good bar. It makes most of its earnings from mourners since it sits on top of actual catacombs. One might even say they are making a killing. One would earn the narrator’s scorn if they did.

You are here for a reason, though. Not an important reason though. Those are for people who are actually important. Did someone die, are you meeting someone or do you just enjoy low-quality drink? Your pondering is interrupted by one of the patrons, looks like one of the wanderers. She wears the garbs of the Ignited. Which is to say, normal, if somewhat singed, clothes and a diverse collection of burn scars. Not the most original group when picking names, but they can’t all be winners. You are currently ambiguous in your opinions about their kind and their presence in the City.

You were trying to remember why you are here. This narrator suspects you are just trying to justify your questionable tastes in beverages. It’s okay, there’s only a little shame in admiting you have a problem. Well? Don't keep us in suspense!

What is this?
A suggestion game. It came about when I decided to indulge into a bit of worldbuilding to pass the time, and ended up not only getting attached to it, but liking where it was going. So why not make a forum game out of it? Might as well practice my writing while at it, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Nightfall (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:05:52 pm »

I think we are here for a drink and maybe something about picking up a package? I don't know. We were lit like a fireworks show last night.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:08:58 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:08:05 pm »

We are here to capture a strange crature named bay12

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 01:09:31 pm »

I think we are here for a drink and maybe something about picking up a package? I don't know. We were lit like a fireworks show last night.
+1 to highlighted text.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »

+1 to highlighted text.

The package we are supposed to acquire from our Contact in the Tombstone, contains a high profile Platinum Ring, in which the legendary Mr Castle needs delivered to his 38 story Tower. He governs the infamous desert Mojave province.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:19:44 pm by Lidku »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 01:26:44 pm »

+1 to highlighted text.

The package we are supposed to acquire from our Contact in the Tombstone, contains a high profile Platinum Ring, in which the legendary Mr Castle needs delivered to his 38 story Tower. He governs the infamous desert Mojave province.
+1
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »

Post to watch.
Max avatar size is 80x80

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 09:35:44 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.