Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Megabeast Dangerousness  (Read 2979 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast Dangerousness
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 01:42:46 pm »

What a shame, I have played DF for years but haven't seen a dragon nor a hydra in fortress mode.

I had an old soldier dwarf kill a dragon, plus several cave dragons in a goblin invasion and then he died of old age. Couldnt believe it myself.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »

For semi megas, id put minotaurs at number one.  Dont underestimate their skills, ive had minotaurs brain dwarves left and right with clothing. Once had a dog leather robe as the deadliest weapon in my fort due to a minotaur wielding it.

Bronze collossi just take absurd punishment, so i rank them above dragons.

Of course, steel forgotten beasts are far worse than any of these, especially fire breathers. Lost a fort to a steel spider with both fire and webs. Webs = instant inferno anywhere it wants
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 01:36:57 pm »

Lost a fort to a steel spider with both fire and webs.

"As a reminder to all staff, no organic matter is to be entered in to SCP-914 at any time. Please follow standard review procedures in regards to input booth checklists to prevent any and all accidents. We do not wish a repeat of the spider/steel wire incident of last week."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Glitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 04:52:21 pm »

1. Dragon
2. Bronze Colossus
3. Roc
4. Hydra

All the vanilla megabeasts didn't seem so bad for me. I faced off against Bronze Collosus in my 7th year and it did take beating, but it feels once you have it laying down from getting hit in the foot or something. It can't do anything. It just took a beating and died....a little disappointing cause I thought I'd have an epic battle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »

You got lucky. They're very hard to stop until something cripples them, but once any creature is hobbled they go down fast. Same reason hydras are infinitely easier after a few shots to the lungs and guts. :V

Still, by far the best way to fuck up a bronze colossus is to give it a good drop.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »

i have never fought a mega beast be4
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic
Pages: 1 [2]