Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utility Suggestion  (Read 835 times)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Utility Suggestion
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »

I realize that there's a suggestions board already; however, since this an idea for a utility (and not for the game proper), I'm not putting it there so the devs have less stuff to sort through.

One of the most annoying bugs out there right now is the blood/mud tracking bug. I don't know about everyone else, but I've gotten to the point of being paranoid about this. I've abandoned/reclaimed fortresses before when blood got traced all over the place and there was no realistic way to avoid it with traffic designations/cleaners.

It would be incredibly awesome if one of the utility writers would whip up a quick program that would simply erase blood/mud from tiles highlighted with 'v'. I realize they probably have a lot on their plate already just keeping the utilities up to date with versions being released, so I don't expect anything. However, if someone did decide to make this, I'll personally erect a fortress over a caldera and make daily sacrifices in their honor. Bloody sacrifices, which I will then clean up, because I can.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

There is a modding section of the forum that would probably be more appropriate.

That said, 1-tile bridges apparently double as floormats, keeping dwarve's feet clean from mud. I've not actually tried it myself, but your level of paranoia clearly needs to.  :)

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:52:00 pm »

i dig a row of channels with gratings over them. this stops the spread. also, roads don't get 'muddy' graphic-ly, so i've just built roads over my halls that were muddied up.

that being said i'd LOVE this utility also.

[ December 12, 2007: Message edited by: elipsis ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dullard:
<STRONG>
It would be incredibly awesome if one of the utility writers would whip up a quick program that would simply erase blood/mud from tiles highlighted with 'v'. </STRONG>

Don't you mean 'k'? V would target the nearest dwarf/thing that breathes.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.