Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workshop "details" option  (Read 2020 times)

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
Workshop "details" option
« on: March 05, 2016, 06:28:51 pm »

The wiki doesn't say anything about the new Details option in workshops, as far as I can see. I noticed that some workshops let me choose materials, and others have the option grayed out. Can anyone shed some light on why this is?

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop "details" option
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »

The wiki doesn't say anything about the new Details option in workshops, as far as I can see. I noticed that some workshops let me choose materials, and others have the option grayed out. Can anyone shed some light on why this is?

You most likely don't have access to the material you are looking for. Possibly someone is hauling the thing you want, maybe you simply don't have access to the resource.

What specifically were you trying to do?
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

Glitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »

I believe he is talking about forges/clothes/statues etc... Some items allow you to specify an item if it has multiple functions.

EX: The size of a clothes/armor so you can outfit your human residents.

Alternatively, you can specify on statues exactly what person or event you want it to describe. If it doesn't have a detail option. It just means there aren't any options. A table will always be a table. A door a door etc....

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 01:06:59 am »

I was thinking about things like cooking meals in the kitchen, for instance.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 02:08:42 am »

Those are more complex reactions, I can't think of any of them that accept detailed orders right now.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.