Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Marauders  (Read 8645 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Marauders
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »

You take a look through the motor pool, and the various horse markets, but no dice. Motor vehicles are prohibitively expensive, far beyond your pay grade, and you can't afford horses and carts for your men. Slightly glum, you accept Rockwell's offer to get you and your men drunk.

Your band sits around a large table in the local speakeasy, drinking moonshine that's practically rubbing alcohol. After an hour of joking, boasting, and some small fistfights, you and your men prepare to head out. Suddenly, the door to the tavern slams open. In walks a tall, authoritative man, flanked by two armored guards with rifles. He glances at the various bands of cheap, wannabe raiders, before shouting to the room.

"I've got a job for anyone with the balls. 20% cut, same as always."

Bigshots like this one occasionally hire small fry to help them out. A 20% cut isn't amazing, but it's likely they're hitting a big target, and you could use the cash. It won't be easy, though. These jobs usually aren't the safest out there.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2016, 09:43:07 pm »

demand 30% of the cut or 20% of the cut plus equipment.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2016, 10:03:36 pm »

+1
(take 25% if he haggles)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »

+1
(take 25% if he haggles)
Agreed +1
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

yeah i doubt that guy will like us showing balls, plus its a sellers market not a buyers, otherwise he wouldn't waltz into the bar and offer the job to marauders at large...

simply take the job dont start haggling

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2016, 06:55:23 pm »

yeah i doubt that guy will like us showing balls, plus its a sellers market not a buyers, otherwise he wouldn't waltz into the bar and offer the job to marauders at large...

+1
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2016, 07:09:39 pm »

+1

+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2016, 08:16:53 pm »

+1

+1
+1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2016, 09:42:47 pm »

+1

+1
+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]