Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just an idea  (Read 1493 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just an idea
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:11:00 am »

I was thinking of making a fort, that would be meant to die.

The plan would be that I use an existing fort save, with rooms, dining halls, and the basics, then make a backup of the save.

I use the current fort, make almost everyone a fisher, hunter, or some kind of cook/butcherer. I set about 2 kitchens to repeatedly make food, and a fish cleaner to prepare fish.

I leave the game running for the night/school day, and come back to see what happened. No mining designations, nothing other than food orders, so the game wont pause without my knowing.

I will probably try this on December 15, I will give an overview of what happened if I don't forget.

Has anyone else every tried something like this?

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

puffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just an idea
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

i've tried leaving my fort running but basically after an hour or two i'm guaranteed to have a strange mood or a caravan. unless you disable trade.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:25:00 am »

Isn't it possible to turn off pausing for important notices?  Just do that, and you can have anything come at you without breaking the flow.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 01:11:00 am »

I'll look for that option.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

kuribo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.unexplainedbacon.net
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:43:00 am »

Your fort won't die, it'll autopause when the outpost liason visits.

I've forgotten about my game for like 20 minutes and thats what happened.  :(

I OFTEN BURN WHITE HOT AND DRIFT LAZILY ACROSS THE STRATOSPHERE EMITTING PIERCING SCREAMS JUST LIKE THE REAL SUN

Adder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:01:00 am »

If you don't build a trade depot, will you still get the outpost liason?

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:30:00 am »

My understanding is Yes.  The trade depot is necessary for the caravan to unload, but not necessary for it to arrive.

Sularus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

what if you kill of your expidition leader/manager/broker? the liason wouldent have anyone to talk to would he still arrive?

Balsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »

He'd still arrive, and the Dwarves would elect a new one anyway.

Fenrir

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »

I lost my broker/manager/leader/bookeeper and the liaison left the moment he arrived. He wasn't too happy about it.