Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves  (Read 10494 times)

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2007, 06:46:00 pm »

3rd Slate - Bad children will be getting some of that this year. I'd rather they be good kids because they want to get nice toys, not because they're afraid that I'll rupture their pancreas.

10th Slate - Sibrek Luzatudib has been avoiding everyone today and has rudely claimed one of our forges. He's now walking around gathering completely unrelated materials from all over the place, eyeing everyone suspiciously. I don't know what his problem is - all he had to do was ask and we'd bring them to him.

19th Slate - After working secretly for 9 days and 9 nights, Sibek has emerged with an amulet made of fine pewter.

Though looking a bit plain, I have appraised it as being worth about 97200, which is just a little lower than our most expensive item.

25th Slate - We seem to be finding more ore of gold, platinum and aluminum than that of iron. I have ordered to stop using up iron bars and move to gold and platinum toys. Good children will be very happy this year.

1st Felsite - Once again I have updated our stockpile records and noted the decrease in food. This is very puzzling - after all, we have farmers working every day, so why isn't food being made?
I have talked with the brewer who seemed to be ignoring my orders for more drinks. "I need empty barrels" said he. "What about those, what's in them?" I asked. "Plants, seeds..."
Well, our carpenters can't cut down enough trees for both bins and barrels, so forget it - I'm having everything cookable cooked and everything brewable brewed. Let's see how that works out.

7th Felsite - It's a success! Our food socks are climbing!
Also today, an elven caravan has arrived. Ecstatic, I have offered them some ouf our prepared meals and...

...this is what they told me, before promptly leaving. Seriously, how did they expect me to present all these foods without a barrel?

20th Felsite - I noticed there are a lot of unused gems around, and we have a really good jeweler. I told him to stud toys with every precious rock he can find.

10th Hematite - We have been visited by a human trade caravan and the merchant prince. Our present mayor though, instead of doing his job and talking to the merchant, is mandating black bronze items in his bedroom.

17th Hematite - What joy! Today was the election day, and because our mayor didn't fulfill his duties, I have been re-elected in his stead! Just you watch, I'll get this meeting over in no time.

27th Hematite - I have taken up engraving as a hobby. If you're wondering how I managed that along with management, operating furnaces and crafting, know that trained legs will get you everywhere.
As I was walking (blazing?) around, looking for walls to decorate with the history of our settlement, I thought it would be a good practical joke to engrave the Dungeon Master's room with images of the titan striking down dwarves. Before I realized, I got carried away and carved them into my room and the stockpiles too. Now the whole place looks like a horror show. I'm not proud of myself.

5th Limestone - Morul Nilesedem, a siege engineer, has been working on a "special project" the past few days. All that time I was expecting another blueprint for crazy defense mechanisms, but today he emerged with an andesite bracelet.

Not only does it look disturbingly morbid, it's worth no more than 12000. At least Morul has gained a great deal of skill from this affair and will from now on double as a stone crafter.

11th Limestone - We have been besieged! It's those filthy goblins again, here to  rob us of our wealth and toys! Everyone is already safe inside and the bridges are rising as I'm writing this. The Degrinchinator is about to see some more use.

16th Limestone - The maze has been successful at slowing the goblins down,

however..

the Degrinchinator seems to have malfunctioned. Only one of the goblins entered the trap this time, and the water did not freeze. I'm no mechanic, but I think this may have to do with the ice floor above the contraption. It's too late to fix anything now - there are two full squads of goblins outside and our military consists of three heroes in chain mail. Our best bet is to stay inside and hope they get bored and leave before winter.

26th Timber - Lokum Nishmurak, a glassmaker, has claimed a glass furnace and started demanding we bring him items. I would be glad to oblige, but he wants shells, and we don't even have a turtle. Fortunately, it's the backup glass furnace he claimed - the one I used to post sand collection jobs at - so we can continue making glass toys.

3rd Moonstone - Nobody kept watch, or even cared, so today we suddenly found out that the goblins are already long gone. With this, I have started slowly moving bins to the wagon that we will use to travel the continent and give out toys from.

23rd Opal - I'm not sure if we'll be able to move everything to the wagon on time. According to our stock lists we have... 5775 toys. Our hunter also hasn't been very successful at capturing wild animals... alive. We'll have to make do with a dog sleigh.

1st Granite - The sleigh is ready! We're off!
Go Loloktherleth! Go Bufutdatan! Go Urolbomrek! Go Zedotastesh and Enshalgusil!
On Olonilush! On Zonasol! On Keskalmingkil! On Uristegath and Athelunnos!

Jolly Baby Armok Day everyone!

(Okay, we don't really have named dogs there, since those are pets and they can't be chained for some reason. Still, I couldn't resist doing a Santa's reindeer impersonation with convoluted dwarfy names, so you'll have to forgive me.)

Also, here's the full list of toys we made out of various materials:
20 Maple toys
15 Chestnut toys
25 Alder toys
2 Willow toys
23 Birchen toys
19 Ashen toys
1555 Claystone toys
256 Diorite toys
522 Gabbro toys
1449 Andesite toys
317 Slate toys
9 Olivine toys
86 Orthoclase toys
114 Microcline toys
201 Alunite toys
869 Iron toys
58 Golden toys
1 Silver toy axe
40 Zinc toys
1 Copper toy hammer
2 Bronze toys
2 Brass toys
37 Platinum toys
2 Tin toys
20 Aluminum toys
32 Billon toys
1 Black bronze toy boat
1 Sterling silver toy axe
1 Rose gold toy axe
94 Green glass toys

Edit: Also, our Santa dwarf is a true superdwarf. Not only does he have maxed stats, his skills don't fit on on a single screen. Here they are:
Proficient Building Designer
Legendary Record keeper
Grower
Legendary Engraver
Novice Flatterer/Intimidator/Persuader/Negotiator
Novice Judge of Intent
Master Appraiser
Dabbling Comedian
Wrestler
Competent Armor User
Novice Shield User
Adept Swordsdwarf
Skilled Organizer
Stone Crafter
Competent Furnace Operator

What can't he do?

The end save file is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/79510694/christmas.zip.html

[ December 27, 2007: Message edited by: MyBeardIsOnFire ]

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2007, 07:04:00 pm »

Make cheese.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2007, 01:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>16th Limestone - The maze has been successful at slowing the goblins down,  
however..

the Degrinchinator seems to have malfunctioned. Only one of the goblins entered the trap this time, and the water did not freeze. I'm no mechanic, but I think this may have to do with the ice floor above the contraption. It's too late to fix anything now - there are two full squads of goblins outside and our military consists of three heroes in chain mail. Our best bet is to stay inside and hope they get bored and leave before winter.</STRONG>

Huh, the ice wasn't doing anything before. Must have changed in the latest version.

Also, I thought that maze might cause trouble. It split the goblin mob up, which would be good for soldiers, but the Degrinchinator needs them all bunched up for best effect.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2007, 10:09:00 am »

Woo!  It's great to see my maze in action  :D  Although I think it broke up the goblin formation too much so that the degrinchinator couldn't grab more goblins at once.  But since it broke em all up, those three hero dwarves would have a much easier time taking out those goblins one by one.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

This is the deadest thread I've ever seen. I'm going to pointlessly revive it!

*catches on fire and runs screaming into a river full of carp*

Idiocy aside, what happened to this? It somehow landed on the last page for absolutely no reason.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

quote:
5) The game ends on christmas eve. Then we have our bookkeeper count the toys we've made and see how well we did.

The game ended. Thats why it has stopped.  :D
It was very entertaining. Those involved should do something similar again.

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]