Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forehead-smacking moments  (Read 2413 times)

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forehead-smacking moments
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

after playing this game for 2 months, I realized that the PgUp/PgDn would speed up scrolling through all the labor entries...
<smacks>
qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

Trae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

It really bites when your numberpad is not seperate from the main keys.  I have to hold down a special Function button to use the + and - keys.
f it''s broke, fix it.
If it''s not broke, break it.

Tubal_Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:36:00 am »

Dwarves love walking across bridges,   while they are being taken apart by other dwarves.

"What is that man doing mommy?.   Oh he's just taking apart the bridge honey.  You mean the one we are walking on?.  Why Yes I suppo.. Grurgle grugrle grurgle...."

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »

@trae: check out the wiki article on key bindings.

when I first started playing I remapped certain keys for my laptop and documented it in the wiki. (and I since I never had them, I don't really miss the diagonal scroll keys...)

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 12:43:00 am »

I was channeling magma for the very first time. I checked noone's in the way. Tasked the lever to be pulled. Just before it was pulled, double-checked that noone's really in the way.

Much to my dismay, magma flows VERY slowly and some peasant decides to haul something right through the damn channel. He's 2 feet away from the bridge when the magma gets him, he burns his feet, crawls under a door, dies there, dwarves attempt to pick up his body/posessions, and... well, damn, that's a lot of smoke and fire >_>

The population dropped pretty damn quickly. BUT! I wasn't going to give up yet! There were some dwarves in safe rooms, I locked all doors and pulled the lever to flood my incomplete moat with water as to flood the fortress and extinquish the fires. Too late I realized the friggin' control room was flooded with the rest of it! So, there the dwarves sat in their locked rooms surrounded by water, starving.

quote:
Dwarves love walking across bridges, while they are being taken apart by other dwarves.

Found out the hard way. The poor child drowned  :roll:

Reality is for people who lack imagination

Jothki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

Grates should solve some of those issues with things being washed out or dwarves wedging themselves in floodgates.

chewd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »

Built a clothesmaker shop in a 3x3 corner of a room such that the counter blocked in the builder....

checked back later to see why nothing was being made there & noticed the poor little dwarf stuck behind the counter...dying of thirst

I did manage to dig him out in time.

Pages: 1 [2]