Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost liaison turned mayor  (Read 1050 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outpost liaison turned mayor
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:18:25 pm »

OK, someone knows what does that mean?

First, the expedition leader became the queen, then the outpost liaison became a mayor? But a mayor of what? I couldn't find him in the noble list because he's not a citizen. My fort was still an outpost at that time.

And, what happened to the noble list:

Where are manager, bookkeeper and broker?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:27:27 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost liaison turned mayor
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:21:45 am »

Open "c"ivilizations sreen, find the dwarven one, see if he is still listed there.
Also, did you mess with the occult (raws)?

bolemeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:54:10 am »

I had something similar happen. I got a notification that someone became the king. He didn't show up in the nobles list as well.
It turned out to be a performer who was granted citizenship.
Looking more closely at the announcements screen I discovered that he had actually become the king of another dwarven civilisation.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:59:07 am »

Open "c"ivilizations sreen, find the dwarven one, see if he is still listed there.
Also, did you mess with the occult (raws)?

Oh, another person became the liaison in that "c" list. I couldn't find the "mayor" there... he was stilling doing his job (diplomat, aka entertaining himself in the tavern).
Later, another dwarf assumed the position ofthe expedition leader and the noble menu became normal.

I can't find the mayor now, maybe he eventually left.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »

And, what happened to the noble list:

Where are manager, bookkeeper and broker?

I've seen this reported a couple times now, but I don't have a reference to the first instance that had all the details.

My understanding, as well as I can remember, is that the sudden unexpected promotion of an expedition leader or mayor to monarch removes the positions that are assigned under the authority of the leader/mayor.  They should return when a new leader or mayor is selected.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz