Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming a fortress  (Read 798 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming a fortress
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »

NEVERMIND! I'm just going to start a new fort. Thanks anyway to anyone who posts, the information will be useful in the future.

Since the new adjuststart.exe has been released for version 33e, I have wanted to use it. My current fortress is advancing very slowly, and I only received a single migrant this year.

If I abandon my fort, use the adjust start to get many starting dwarves, and reclaim my old fort, how much stuff of mine will still be there?

Will buildings, furniture, and workshops remain? Will stockpiles be there? Will the flood gates still be intact?

Thanks in advance.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming a fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »

If this is the same as C and D... all workshops, mines, and set constructed items (eg. installed doors and beds) will be there, but all unset constructed items (eg. buckets, mechanisms, food) will be scattered across the map.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming a fortress
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »

Cool, I will have to keep that in mind.

Usually a start with lots of guys, so grabbing all my old stuff and putting it back wouldn't be much of a hassle.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.