Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The wounded refuse to stay put...  (Read 872 times)

Hunding

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The wounded refuse to stay put...
« on: December 10, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »

So, I've had a number of wounded dwarves now who won't rest because they're thirsty.

Thus. They're running around my fort, like chickens with their heads cut off, until they die of hunger/thirst. Constantly spamming: "So-and-so cancels Drink: Resting injury."!

What's more. The dedicated medics REFUSE to bring them food/drink. Despite an overabundance of food/ale/water..

Anyone know how I can keep my best dwaves from die if a bruised arm?

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The wounded refuse to stay put...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

This is an ongoing issue...
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=002291

...although it may have been fixed.  What version are you running?

Note: if you want the dwarf to stop spamming, try locking them in their room.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: The wounded refuse to stay put...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »

There have been several threads about this here and in the Bugs forum. Hint: try using the 'search' command before posting a new topic.

But, you'll want to go here and download the version of heal.exe applicable to your game. You use it by hitting 'v' in the game and moving the cursor over the injured dwarf, then running heal.exe.

This could be considered 'cheating', but since the current resting code is broken I think it's probably kosher until it gets fixed, if only to avoid spam. If you were 99% sure a dwarf was going to die and you just didn't want the text spam in your announcements, wall the poor sap up after you heal him and leave him to rot.