Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Keybinding with broken arrow keys  (Read 1176 times)

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Keybinding with broken arrow keys
« on: February 29, 2016, 11:30:16 pm »

My Left Key is completely nonfunctional due to a spill, how can I edit my Keybinding to account for this (I can't edit keybinding using the traditional interface)?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keybinding with broken arrow keys
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:10:31 am »

Your best long-term solution would be to edit the registry (or download Sharpkeys or a similar program to do it for you) to remap your keyboard at an OS level, rather than just for DF. Your Right control key would be a good substitute for left.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 01:41:40 am »

Buy a new one, it is cheap anyway.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:51:46 am »

Buy a new one, it is cheap anyway.

As a poor teenager I really don't have rein over that. I'm just looking for a temporary solution.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:11:55 am »

Maybe you can use numlock to switch between number and arrow keys?
Do you have a working numpad?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:14:41 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 02:26:24 am »

Maybe you can use numlock to switch between number and arrow keys?
Do you have a working numpad?

Yes.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 02:34:54 am »

Nevermind, I fixed the problem by connecting the keyboard from one of my old PCs to my laptop.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 02:41:25 am »

Nevermind, I fixed the problem by connecting the keyboard from one of my old PCs to my laptop.
You never mentioned you were using a laptop. LOL