Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play: Homeworld Deserts of Kharak feat. Xanmy  (Read 2343 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Let's Play: Homeworld Deserts of Kharak feat. Xanmy
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:15:47 am »

Any interest in Homeworld? I got Deserts of Kharak on release day and I recorded a stream with Xanmyral that night. I've only put out the first episode so far which just covers the first mission (which is nothing but going through the motions), but we got 2 hours and 40 minutes of footage so real gameplay is coming. I'm playing the game on Classic difficulty.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is a new RTS developed by Blackbird and published by Gearbox. It was originally some other title called Ship Breakers but then Gearbox got hold of the rights to Homeworld and decided to slap that title on there. To be fair it's pretty faithful to the themes behind Homeworld. Scale is respected, the gameplay has a slow, steady pace, and the combat feels like something close to reality. The graphics are top shelf and the actual designs of the units are pretty awesome to look at as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brrrrrrt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boomcruiser (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Campaign Part 1
Campaign Part 2
Campaign Part 3
Part 4 on 1/26
Part 5 1/27

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tTsjYopaEZ5yWRh9DpC5A
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/guninanrunin

If anyone else owns the game I'd love to do some multiplayer for fun. Only one other person on my Steam friends list owns it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:13:17 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Homeworld Deserts of Kharak feat. Xanmy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »

Oh my goodness. I've loved Homeworld games since ever. Space and 3D battles are just...amazing. Wish I had the money to buy them though! .__.
PTW this!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 05:18:03 am »

Part 2 is up. This is technically the second mission but I consider it the first real mission because you're finally faced with enemies who fight back.

So when we were getting ready to record this we were trying to figure out a way for Xanmy to be able to see my desktop, and also hear my speaker audio, and also hear my voice. Skype has screen sharing but only lets you play one audio source, so I had to play my mic audio through my desktop by going to properties and turning on Listen. So I got to listen to my own voice during the test recordings which wasn't annoying at all. Then Xanmy reminded me Steam broadcast was a thing and we just used that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

I'm not going to update this thread anymore, but I am going to continue and finish the LP.