Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I dump booze?  (Read 1462 times)

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I dump booze?
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:18:37 am »

Basically I made a pit and filled it with children and werelizard infected dwarves. I have successfully dumped food into the pit, however, my dwarves outright refuse to dump any liquid. Am I missing something? do I need buckets?

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I dump booze?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 04:09:27 am »

I have been trying to fix this for an hour and I can't really unpause the game for too long because the dwarves in the pit are going to dehydrate. I need help please :_:

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:30 am »

You need to dump the barrels/pots containing the booze. If you intended to create a booze lake you're out of luck, since the only liquids that form bodies (rather than just puddles) are magma and water.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 04:14:03 am »

I'm trying to throw the barrels of booze into the pit that I have the children and werelizards in. However even though I have several booze barrels set to dump, nothing is happening, and they are not even in the job list. food and anything else works fine though.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:00 am »

Figured it out. Dumping from stocks menu does not work, have to track down the barrel and dump it from the stockpile itself.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 07:45:46 am »

For future reference (i.e. when you have preparation time), an alternative would have been to use minecarts.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:19 am »

Also, the forums aren't your teacher, if somebody wishes to help you its from the generosity of their heart, not because they're compelled to do so.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 12:49:23 pm »

WHY IN ARMOKS PITCH-BLACK BEARD WOULD YOU DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING!?! You do realize that is pretty much sentencing every dwarf in your fort to hell right?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 01:58:12 pm »

On the topic of dumping booze out of barrels... I wonder, has anyone tried yet, on a frozen biome, to craft large pots from ice rock, then brew booze with them in an outside still, then dump the pots somewhere underground... Would the pots melt, and spill their contents?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 01:00:42 am »

On the topic of dumping booze out of barrels... I wonder, has anyone tried yet, on a frozen biome, to craft large pots from ice rock, then brew booze with them in an outside still, then dump the pots somewhere underground... Would the pots melt, and spill their contents?

Heretic. Even were such a thing possible the hand of Armok himself (herself?) would descend from the heavens to crush any fortress that dared dabble in such hideous and unclean things.