Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raw editing  (Read 674 times)

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
Raw editing
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »

Hello people reading this, I was wondering if anyone knowledgeable in raw editing could help me out here. I had thought of doing some !!SCIENCE!! recently, to test how say, making everything edible would work out, or making blood as hot as dragon fire would work, but the main problem I'm coming across is finding any materials. If I had to give an example, if I wanted to make, say, vomit edible, where would that be found in the raws folder? I saw on the wiki that there is a [MATERIAL:VOMIT], but I can't find it no matter how hard I look, am I looking in all the wrong places? Is it coded into the game so that I am not allowed to make Dwarves eat magma and vomit out rocks? If anyone could help me find these materials, or tell me what I'm doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :^)
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Raw editing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:19:12 pm »

Magma is definitely hardcoded (it is the liquid form of the material INORGANIC:NONE), not sure about vomit, but I think that's hardcoded too, sorry...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:13:25 pm »

I saw on the wiki that there is a [MATERIAL:VOMIT], but I can't find it no matter how hard I look, am I looking in all the wrong places?
You didn't read the wiki page closely enough - it clearly says "[MATERIAL:VOMIT] - reconstructed from data extracted from memory". In other words, it's hardcoded.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:34:30 am »

Yeah, a minor fraction of materials are hardcoded, like water, magma & vomit. I suppose you could make an adventurer reaction that takes vomit and produces an edible material, 'seasoned vomit' maybe. But, eh, ew.

Blood can be modded though. So can things like metals and stones, you can eat those if you want.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 10:24:04 am »

If you want to make everything edible, just go to the material templates file and add EDIBLE_RAW to everything.  You may be disappointed though - most item types are not edible even if they are made of edible materials.  You can make a reaction that turns any item into a meat item to fix this.