Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That old seasonal crops mod..  (Read 623 times)

Psycho Romeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
That old seasonal crops mod..
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »

Seasonal Crops: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=9696
Increases grow time of crops to be between one and two seasons long, and kills them when they're growing in seasons they don't belong in. 

I'm wondering if someone who has a better understanding than me can tell me if this would conflict with current DF in any significant way.  I recall there being a big plant update, but I don't really know if that's relevant. 

...This also seems kinda simple.  Is a mod like this as simple as editing a growth rate value in a handful of raws?  And if so, can someone walk me through it? 

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That old seasonal crops mod..
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:27:37 am »

Original mod creator here. Funny how I checked the forums just as you posted this.

The basic idea of the mod is that a crop will, for example, have a 3-season growing period, but take 2 seasons to grow. Meaning that you have to plant within the first season for the crop to finish growing in time.

As far as I know, this should still work. I wanted to update the mod for the current version, but got turned off by how crop yields per batch were still not moddable.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Psycho Romeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: That old seasonal crops mod..
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 12:39:48 pm »

Original mod creator here. Funny how I checked the forums just as you posted this.

The basic idea of the mod is that a crop will, for example, have a 3-season growing period, but take 2 seasons to grow. Meaning that you have to plant within the first season for the crop to finish growing in time.

As far as I know, this should still work. I wanted to update the mod for the current version, but got turned off by how crop yields per batch were still not moddable.
Thanks for the info.