Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have too much Gold  (Read 2897 times)

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have too much Gold
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 04:24:48 pm »

A Gold Pyramid.
It's quite impressive the amount that is needed to do it properly from the surface to the top layer of sky.
And obviously the roads to the pyramid, and all the furniture in the temple and/or tavern contained in the pyramid.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 04:58:17 pm »

I pity the fool who has to carry a gold bin full of gold-encrusted or simply golden crap.

Wheelbarrows and minecarts. Those are also golden, so make of that what you will.

Gold furniture. Gold doors, gold windows, gold water pumps with steel screws, gold wheelbarrows and minecarts. Gold bins, masterwork food and drink in gold barrels. Gold mugs, gold instruments, gold toys for the children. Gold walls and fortifications, gold bridges, hell, even a gold trade depot instead of the usual pitchblende. Gold tables, gold chairs, gold chains, buckets, and blocks in the well, drawing the water from a gold-lined reservoir.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 05:12:54 pm »

@Kneenibble: Roads aren't building destroyer targets, so they're safe from trolls (even smelly ones). Now, a dragon spotting a juicy elven caravan is another matter, though...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »

Stud all the things and construct all the barrels (something expensive elves certainly wont turn their nose up to making your life easier)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 05:59:44 pm »

As much jewellery as possible, if its the new version. The dwarves will carry it for you as soon as its made, from what I've seen. Stockpile the earrings, rings, crowns, etc just outside the dining room to tempt them.
One wheel short of a wagon

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 06:00:31 pm »

Dwarven El Dorado detected

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 08:33:00 pm »

If find it quite amazing that, for a bit there, people were discussing how to pave the floor in gold most efficiently.

Oh, and I find that melting the stuff and pouring onto my enemy's is pretty fun. Because, you know, molten gold.

Molten. Gold. WHOOOOOOOOOOO
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Argus_Mccray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 11:07:59 pm »

The answer is obvious: you must capture a horde of kobolds, keas, and gray langurs, trap them in place, and then find creative ways to pelt them with hurled gold bars and goblets. I recommend a minecart cannon (the minecart being gold studded, obviously). Give those assholes exactly what they want at the highest velocity possible.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:11 am »

As a dwarf the correct answer is always to produce as much value as possible. As such gold crafts and statues. Churn them out like you were midas on ecstasy. Then just deal with the fun that comes along and want to grab your stuff like a dwarf should.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 06:05:44 am »

When can never suffer from too much gold, only from a lack of ambition. Give every dwarf gold furniture, make vast dining halls filled with gold furniture and surrounded by gold statues, create temples filled with gold ornaments to your citizens deities greatness, wow visiting scholars with your golden libraries where books bound out of gold are stacked in golden bookshelf's, build vast golden railways transporting your vast amount of gold from far corners of your map in golden minecarts to your (golden of course) smelters.

If you still have gold left over, then its time to get even more creative. Mod the game so that you can make clothing and weapons out of gold, then give all your dwarves golden clothing, have the marksdwarves fire golden bolts from golden crossbows at the horders of kobolds and goblins coming to steal your gold! If that still is not crazy enough, wait until toady one introduces a functional world economy, then let the goblins and kobolds steal the gold, prompting flooding the world with cheap gold and collapsing the global economy. With mods and patience, the sky really is the limit if you have enough gold!

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »

When I was lucky enough to get a fort like that I made all non-engravable structures out of gold. Golden rampart walls, giant gold veranda over my entrance, gold entrance, gold roads, gold bridges, gold statues and furniture absolutely everywhere.

At a point if you have a lot of any metal it just becomes another building material. I've even heard of this happening with platinum.
Pages: 1 [2]