Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor's Log: 13th Limestone, 1067  (Read 760 times)

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayor's Log: 13th Limestone, 1067
« on: February 09, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »

Tithlethåblel, 13th Limestone, 1067

Tis autumn of the fourth year, and we have grown fat and comfortable in what was initially a cold dank cave.  Our lax stewardship reveals itself now in our dire hour.

For fear of accidently flooding our main entrances and to appease the herbalists and amateur miners, the Flood Defense Tubes have lain dry and unused, except for annual defense drill. We have snacked on the wild quarry bushes and gazed at the shiny baubles plucked from these sewers, but martial readiness was never exercised.

Now we receive word of the dwarven caravan from Thîdasinol Cerol making haste for our fortress, warning of a goblin siege beyond the quiet river.

But when orders were sent to fill the Tubes will cold cave river water:

Woe betide us! Tower-caps have grown up in the muddy caverns, clogging the main floodgate!

"Summon all lumberdorfs! We need a volunteer to fell that tree and outrun those floodwaters should the vile gobbers reach our doors. Your axe and your stout legs may save us all."

-Nil Arothèrith the Magiclabored, Mayor of Tithlethåblel (1064- )

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor's Log: 13th Limestone, 1067
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

COWARDS!! They call themselves by grand titles of "Talented" and "Proficient", but when I call upon their services, they run to "Check Chests". And others claim to be "Sleeping" or "On Break".

"Yes, I say, check your chest. See where that heart of yours has gone! For it no longer beats for Fortress Tithlethåblel!"

There will be demôns to pay for this insubordination!!!

qwip

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

Tithlethåblel, 15th Limestone, 1067

The dwarven caravan from Thîdasinol Cerol was overtaken. They reached the landbridge, but our watchdogs were little help. Even the children partying by the Gneiss Sculpture Garden heard our brethren's shrill screams.

Fath Lûritilral the Spinestreaties, Captain of the Guard is manning the Control Room, locked safely within. Not the bravest place, but I trust him to do the right thing if the time comes to that.

And we found a "volunteer" finally.  Our future rests upon the shoulders of a Novice.  Perhaps my Requirements and Mandates have distracted the populous too much? Am so wrong to need a green glass chest?  Those dirty "Haulers" will never understand the pressures and stress of leadership.  I give this fortress 110% every stone day, and they want their lavish parties and lengthy "breaks".

They may just learn the lesson of hard work, when those filthy gobber swords "work" their way through dwarf livers and right hand, third fingers.

Run little Tekkud "Hammerabbey" Nilkulet, Novice Woodcutter. I will pray for thee when Fath Lûritilral must Pull the Lever.

qwip

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:00:00 am »

*GASP* Cliffhanger!

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 11:15:00 am »

Tithlethåblel, 19th Limestone, 1067

The gobber nuisance was contained. Our 4 cage traps captured as many of those worms. The rest fled when faced with losing 25% of their number.

Obviously we won't have to worry about the gobbers in the future.  With all due courage, bravery, insight, honor, and of course, humility, I credit my foresight in installing those insurmountable defences.  I think I shall have a party in my honor.

PS: Tekkud who?

[ February 19, 2007: Message edited by: qwip ]

qwip

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by qwip:
<STRONG>PS: Tekkud who?</STRONG>

-Cackles.-  Bravo, sirrah.  Most humorous, indeed.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »

Hehehe, you sir, have a talent for writing!