Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cashflows - The Cosmic Comedy of LIFE and Corporate Servitude (3/4 players)  (Read 2903 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cashflows - The Cosmic Comedy of LIFE and Corporate Servitude (3/4 players)
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 05:02:32 pm »

offhand, the ammortization formula is P = r(1+r)^t / [(1+r)^t-1] * principle
Where P is payments, r is interest, t is time.

$30,000 in 5 years is $7,121.90 p/a at 6% interest.

One pays ludicrous amounts of interest as the time period increases. But people take out long term loans with smaller payments... because cashflow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:46:47 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 06:33:19 pm »

A five year loan sounds good to me

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:47 pm »

updating soon. running numbers in my head.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 02:19:33 pm »

Sorry about the late updates. It can get a bit depressing thinking about this while staring down accountancy exams.

Consolidating Pre-Year Budgets.

Derp Julie Angelicus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacob Norman

Bob Johnson
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:22:49 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:23 pm »

JOB PHASE:

I draw random tarot cards to make stuff up...

Derp Julie Angelicus: 11, 12, 19
Wheel of Fortune
Justice
The Moon

Your Company wants to you to make Gungan characters and Phantom Menace sequels, what do you do?

Jacob Norman:12, 16, 18
Justice
The Devil
The Star

You feel that you are being underpaid working in a big corporate gym. How do you use your talents to acquire the private customers and revenue sources that you believe you deserve?

Bob Johnson: 6, 20, 22
The Hierophant
The Sun
The Universe

You settle in comfortably into your desk job. But you wonder if you can rise above your station as a desk jockey and prove your worth. What do you do?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 03:42:15 pm »

Julie will dedicate the most time to the gungan thing leaving small eastereggs from pop culture and the phantom menace sequel she does only what is necessary to complete it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:56 pm »

Bob Johnson does some diagnostics on company spending and makes recommendations to increase profit. When they see his ability to work numbers, he will surely be offered a promotion.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 12:24:11 pm »

Julie will dedicate the most time to the gungan thing leaving small eastereggs from pop culture and the phantom menace sequel she does only what is necessary to complete it.

Julie rolls a 3 on her work. And performs satisfactorily. But barely.

Her company rolls a 1 on trying to sell more Phantom Menace Crap. But between a huge advertising budget and a monopoly on public attention, they shove their product down the collective throats of the public anyway with the losses barely making a dent on the company itself.

Bob Johnson does some diagnostics on company spending and makes recommendations to increase profit. When they see his ability to work numbers, he will surely be offered a promotion.

Bob rolls a 3 as well.

Bob tries some managerial accounting to increase efficiency. But his mediocrity shines through in his work, and his reports are full of barely understood business platitudes he learnt in school.

His Company rolls a 1. They lose business steadily as more of their clients close down during the recession.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »

work hard and keep an eye out for richer clients at work to potentially offer private help also plan to actively look for private clients next year.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »

on my off time try and look for private jobs try and start a kickstarter campaign for me to start a game studio work harder on all project's of the current company stress relieve by playing with cat.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »

Attempt to make friends with some of the people in the office, in spite of my lack of interesting qualities.
Pages: 1 2 [3]