Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Bling Challenge  (Read 2617 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bling Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by jaybud4:
<STRONG>Keeping in mind that as far as I know, decorations MULTIPLY the value, that sort of thing would have to have pretty damn high value.</STRONG>
Nope. They add. A masterwork iron anvil with green glass spikes costs 12020.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 12:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>  

Does this count?</STRONG>

Your sword is certainly well-blung!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Derakon:
<STRONG>Nope. They add. A masterwork iron anvil with green glass spikes costs 12020.</STRONG>
Hmm so masterwork multiplier is 12x then?  Interesting...
In that case I retract my statement..  I always thought it multiplied, but okay.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Doniazade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

Someone needs to make a stack of masterwork adamantine bolts encrusted, studded and decorated with every single material in the known DF universe. I think the item value might actually overflow.

This is actually a project of my current fortress. The hard part will be getting exotic materials like dragon leather and hydra bones  :)

[ June 06, 2008: Message edited by: Doniazade ]

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »

How do you plan to do it?
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Doniazade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Savok:
<STRONG>How do you plan to do it?</STRONG>

No other non-forbidden ammo on the map. Gems are easy, I just select "encrust ammo with" and bam. The rest will be handled by sealing all the decorations in a locked room together with a craftsdwarf and a workshop. That way the only item he CAN engrave will be the stack.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

This was fun:

Total value is only 38330, since my gemsetter is only Expert, but he's going to be a hell of a lot better soon now that I've imported over 200 small gems from the dwarves. The glass tube was the closest thing he saw that counted as "furniture" when I told him to start encrusting, so I guess I'd better put a screw pump into the dining room or something. I just find the whole thing totally hilarious; he probably had to start encrusting gems on top of other gems near the end.

Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »

I don't know about the adamantine bolts... Because The base value of the bolts would be high, would it be better to get masterwork decorations made from adamantine on said bolts? Say on masterwork silver bolts? Both have high base prices, but the adamantine decorations will be multiplied by an addition 25 and I think because of that be higher. I think I am going to go run some tests in a bit.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

Looking at the wiki, I think that decorating with the adamantine would be more effective. Bolts would be worth 1, times 300 for the addy, times the quality level. Decorations would be worth 10, times 300, times the quality level. Then there's the issue of whether or not each bolt is valued individually. If it is, you're talking 7500xquality for addy bolts, and 75000xquality for adamantine studded bolts.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.
Pages: 1 [2]