Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Titanic Clusterfuck  (Read 1268 times)

Pjbond

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Titanic Clusterfuck
« on: March 20, 2016, 09:11:39 pm »

ALRIGHT, do I got a story for you folks today.

So, was playing Dwarf Fortress adventure mode, playing as an Elephant Man. I was just kind of exploring for a little while in the quick travel menu till I saw three of the little monster blips on the map all clumped together, which I decided then to go investigate. Turns out, there was about two Alligator Men, two normal Human bandits or whatever, and a fucking zombie yeti. As the subject name suggests, this went to a clusterfuck pretty quickly.
  The yeti was closest to the two other groups, although one of the Alligator men was nowhere to be seen till around the end of the fight. The zombie yeti just comes up and, pretty much one shots the first Alligator Man, and then charging and bashing one of the bandits to death soon after. My group, three companions and myself, killed the other bandit with them while the Alligator Man that was left was behind us, and then the yeti turned to us. It charged over, just kind of smacking the Mace man in the group aside like he was a pebble, before charging him into a tree and killing him.
  Not bothering with the yeti and wanting to get away, I tried to run while my two other companions charged it like mad men, although I got stuck in a small brawl with the last Alligator Man left, and managed to kill him only for the Yeti to start chasing me down. Once it caught up to me, it began a cycle of me stabbing it with a silver spear for just about over 6 minutes before realizing, this isn't doing shit, and then trying to punch it to death, then I began using my shield. I was talking to a friend at the time that reminded me that zombies can't really be stabbed to death, which is why I was stupid enough to try that for over 6 minutes.
  Anyhow, upon not doing to much with the shield, I realized that, for some reason, I may have misplaced a pick up action and grabbed some dead man's body rather than his equipment, at which point, I pulled the body out, and took about another 6 minutes, proceeding to bludgeon this zombie yeti to death, and then running away like a little bitch after looting the bodies scattered around the forest.
  Injuries wise on my part, the yeti only managed to hit my left upper leg twice with not too much damage other than bruising. As for what I managed to do to the Yeti before it decided to keel over and die, I managed to cut off one of it's feet, a hand, completely bash in it's neck, right arm, and one of it's legs, and then finally turning it's head to a pulp.

Jesus, Dwarf Fortress is such a beautiful game.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Titanic Clusterfuck
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:17:17 pm »

Bravo
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic Clusterfuck
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »

Aghhh!!! There are no more muscles on my midsection anymore to use for laughter! Hilarious. The art of using a corpse as a weapon! What gets me the most is how in the name of Armok does someone slice something off with - a whole intact corpse!?? Like trying to use your own arm to slice something off like a sword.

In majority of games bugs/flaws like this are more than irritating to me but with DF, a game also about realism in combat and somehow it's an endless comic strip of "wha.. WHAT!??". :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:39:47 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky