Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile for specific items  (Read 2644 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile for specific items
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:35:08 pm »

I'm having issues setting a stockpile for just stone crafts.  These are produced (of course) by the Craftsdwarf workshop and these are what I sell at the Depot.  However, the bins always have ropes, chains, quivers, etc; stuff that I don't want to sell so I'm forced to mark each item rather than the entire bin.

Any help on how to do this?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile for specific items
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:39 pm »

q >> s  over the stockpile and adjust the settings.
You'll probably need to make another stockpile and set that to take the items from the stockpile with mixed bins, to get your stone crafts out of there.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 04:51:03 pm »

You'll probably need to make another stockpile and set that to take the items from the stockpile with mixed bins, to get your stone crafts out of there.
OK...I was doing that.  In the "finished goods" category, are the armor (etc) is that crafted armor or military armor?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:08:28 pm »

OK...I was doing that.  In the "finished goods" category, are the armor (etc) is that crafted armor or military armor?

There's also a place where you can select what materials the stockpile accepts. If you set it to only accept stone, it won't accept armor, clothing, or anything else that is never made of stone.

(Not sure what you mean by crafted vs military armor, so I'm not sure how to answer.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

There's also a place where you can select what materials the stockpile accepts. If you set it to only accept stone, it won't accept armor, clothing, or anything else that is never made of stone.

(Not sure what you mean by crafted vs military armor, so I'm not sure how to answer.
Not sure if the craftsdwarf can make armor crafts (like toy armor I guess that would be)...so if I toggle armor OFF if it would also leave out these toy armor crafts...OR if armor is ONLY leather/metal armor (since you can't make rock armor).

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:23:07 pm »

Finished goods "armor" is clothing...

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 07:56:53 pm »

Finished goods "armor" is clothing...

Upper body clothing, to be specific.  Shirts, robes, etc.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 08:07:07 pm »

You can also toggle the settings so that it will take crafts made from stone only, or crafts from a specific sort of stone.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 12:35:45 am »

You can also set up stockpile links.  Set your main stockpile near the depot to "take from links only" (default "a" when looking at it with "q").  Then set up another stockpile that also only takes from links, and link it to the craft shop(s) you make all your crafts out of.  Then select the second to give to the first.  Crafts should go into the stockpile near the workshop, then get carted to the one by the Depot.  So long as you don't make any other finished goods out of htat workshop, nothing else will get mixed up in it. 

More simply, you could just adjust the material/item settings as previously mentioned.  Oddly, all the -specific- random crafts can be toggled on/off, but we get this catchall "tools" section to toggle all or nothing.  That tool section includes things like instruments and instrument parts as well as book bindings/scroll rollers.  It'd probably be easier to just turn off things like tools (that can also be made from stone) while only allowing materials made from stone. 

We really do need a stockpile overhaul... I have to use the complicated linking assignments above to separate the instrument parts and book bindings from the rest, then send the book bindings by the jewelers workshop to decorate them before sending them back near the library and its craftshop (that needs a similar set up to only accept sheets and quires...)  Craftshops are a little too universal too- I have 5+ of them spread throughout my fortress, and can't queue up manager jobs for them.  As the manager just adds 9 bone gauntlet jobs behind my stone-only workshop set to repeat, or forces my woodcrafter to carry wood past THAT craftshop all the way down to where the bone shop is.... or just gives me massive cancelation spam when I have links set up for the wrong material.