Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumb Dwarves  (Read 915 times)

J Lensher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dumb Dwarves
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:16:00 am »

What is the dumbest/funniest thing one of your dwarves has ever done?
I've had them wall themselves in, channel themselves into an island....
Any favorites?
*Note this is not a glitch/bug thread, i am looking at this from the perspective of real dwarves doing some damn dumb things.

SoylentNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • Drum Dependent
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:00 pm »

opening the door to a magma flood, and then closing the door dooming all the other dwarves to a slow smoldering death.
"Soylent ninja is pirates!  Piraaaaaates!"
-McDoomhammer

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »

They've done lotsa dumb stuff.  The most recent was deciding to haul away a cage with a goblin in it during a siege when they were trying to get into the fort from the main, heavily cage trapped entrance.  They died.  I didn't lock the door in time and forgot that they would try to do that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

A dwarf decided that it was a good idea to have a walk on the ramparts. Normal behavior. Except they don't go anywhere. And there was currently a siege. And there were crossbow goblins.

There wasn't even an item/job up there! I suppose he was up there to mock the goblins. If thats the case, I'm not sure if he deserves to be in a graveyard farm plot or a upper-class tomb.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

Deciding the best pathing around a spreading pool of lava was right along the edge.  Luckily, after both feet were crisped to red injuries, he collapsed one tile beyond the pool's last expansion and was carted off to bed.  I want my footless dwarf dammit!