Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bunch of dwarves chasing weregoat, is there a way to make them stop?  (Read 455 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

So the U is the human form of the weregoat, and all my military and a bunch of civilians are chasing all over the place. Two questions: Some of them have the blue "thirsty" arrow, do I need to worry about them chasing them too long and dying of dehydration? And, my military is out of ammo, is there a way to get them to restock?
EDIT: Alright, so after several minutes of running around, they finally cornered the bastard and stamped him to death, and the ones who didn't go get drunk took a nap right there on the floor. My question still stands though, is there a way of preventing this in the future?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:37:16 pm by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of dwarves chasing weregoat, is there a way to make them stop?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 08:48:05 pm »

You really can't prevent it.  It's because dwarves are too fearless after drinking alcohol.  Supposedly Toady plans on toning it down a bit.

In the mean time, make gold or platinum mugs.  Dwarves carry them around all the time and because they're dense they'll serve as a decent bashing weapon.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:47:19 pm »

Not really. They're feeling vengeful - it's a bug from the emotion update back then. Apparently worsened by the alcohol fearlessness thing.

Just listen to this and follow the chase up to it's conclusion.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 08:40:08 am »

Only thing that has worked for me is burrows...have an area set for civilians and when a werebeast or whatever comes restrict them to the burrow and have your military handle it.

As for reloading mid fight? I think they only do that if they can't path to the enemy. This seems like a feature though....it would be amazingly frustrating if the attackers followed your dwarves to the ammo stores inside your base on account of your dwarves mindlessly seeking ammo instead of fighting.