Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suddenly super powers. the Suggestion Game. Costume/Armour/Mask time!  (Read 2587 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly super powers. the Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 03:13:23 pm »

It's also a framing device that pushes us to be villainous.  "Plea bargain".  We aren't bargaining anything yet, because we haven't done anything wrong yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 03:35:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1+ because fuck black magic.
-1 because I just don't like the 'radioactivity gives superpowers' in general.
+1 to the -1. I really dislike the radioactivity = superpowers thing. Radioactivity gives cancer, and unless you call having to lay in a bed and undergo multiple unpleasant medical treatments while having the Reaper patiently sitting next to you all day every day a superpower, it isn't a superpower.
Yeah, at first I thought about giving some type of cell growth superpower, but then I settled for the comic book definition of radioactivity, sci-fi magic.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 12:02:16 am »

The Votes are in and it
You are Leah Thomas.
You are⚥, but before the accident involving black magic...You weren't.  You were very definitely♀.

We are Kia Voltan.

Our gender is... Apparently ⚥. That definitely isn't what it was before.

The cause is Black Magic. This is exactly why graverobbing is a bad idea.

Our powers take the form of necromancy and fleshsculpting. I mean. Were you expecting something else to come from faffing around in a graveyard?
You have the ability to see and talk tosome ghosts, the ability to not need vitals - you don't think you've breathed since you were in that car crash, (the ability to bind a willing ghost to a construct (and make said, generally out of remains), and flesh-sculpting) but you don't know about the latter two.

--------------------

"I want a lawyer." you ask.
".. And you'll get one but right now we need details Leah, what where you doing at
 grave yard?"

"I'd say i was visting an old friend but i wasn't.
I was stealing really were you expecting something else to come from faffing around in a graveyard?
Devil worship?.
No i was body snatching then the car came, big 50's land yacht, skidded straight off the road it did.
It must of been made of rust and dirt because it just crumpled up like a crisp packet,  and the passengers went flying into the tomb stones and well that saved me have to dig...

----------------

Cold and wet from your little grave robbing, you load the body's in your freezer, it should keep the "fresh" for a awhile.

Changeing  out of your wet clothes you head in to the shower, that when you notice it, it shouldn't be there Your a woman you've always been a woman.
This can't be real, you must be dreaming.
That it this is all a dream and every thing will be back to normal in the morning.

"I wasn't dreaming, i found that out the "hardway" in the morning.
I had the body's that i need to get started but i need a few more things before started."

"Get started being a "hero" that was you idea when you put on that mask."?"

"Having weird superpowers isn't illegal, but being a hero is dangerous we all know that.
So i went shopping for a costume, a mask to hide behind, to keep other safe."

"And then then?"

"Then i got started.."

---------------

It's Costume/ Armour / Mask time! so lets hear your suggestions.
And i figurer i should start you off as a hero with some introductory muggers or the like any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:42:48 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 12:04:53 am »

((No, we were IN the car crash, we weren't the person at the graveyard faffing about with black magic.))

((Also, PLEASE use spell check.

Also, why are we being railroaded into superheroics?

I don't recall being a superhero as a necessary aftereffect of superpowers...))

((*sigh*))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:16:05 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly super powers. the Suggestion Game. Costume/Armour/Mask time!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 03:38:17 am »

((Why are we being railroaded? Also still not getting why we're saying anything when this officer is clearly violating our constitutional rights. We plead the fifth. No reason to say anything whatsoever until we get a lawyer.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 05:59:17 am »

((Why are we being railroaded? Also still not getting why we're saying anything when this officer is clearly violating our constitutional rights. We plead the fifth. No reason to say anything whatsoever until we get a lawyer.))
((EXACTLY.))
Sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 09:17:14 am »

((No, we were IN the car crash, we weren't the person at the graveyard faffing about with black magic.))
I'll admit that i've combined yours, Kevak and Trapezohedron posts in to the origin.

((Also, PLEASE use spell check.

I can promise less booze but i can't promise more spell checking.

Also, why are we being railroaded into superheroics?
I don't recall being a superhero as a necessary aftereffect of superpowers...))
Ok i'll let you off the rails but what do you want to do?

Right now you haven't been arrested, your just talking to the cops of your own free will, so the officer hasn't done anything wrong so far. You have the right not to be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against yourself, but that your right to enforce.
The Miranda Rights are only a reminder after you have been arrested and the police want to interrogate you.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 12:29:17 pm »

Right now, the officer was talking about a plea bargain.
That is not even a THING until you've BEEN charged with something.

*sigh*
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:32:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 12:29:32 pm »

It's Costume/ Armour / Mask time! so lets hear your suggestions.
I think we need a mask for sure since cameras are practically everywhere these days. A wrestling mask, a balaclava, or a paintball mask are probably the easiest to get. As for our costume, we should preferably wear a nondescript hooded jacket, gloves, comfortable pants, and running shoes. I'm not too familiar with fleshsculpting, but maybe we could transform our face to look different in case our mask and hood fall off? Then again, this is probably all tentative since we do not know what our character's resources are yet.
And i figurer i should start you off as a hero with some introductory muggers or the like any ideas?
Muggers could be good. It can give us a backstory of why we want to be a vigilante. The alternative start could be us discovering our powers and how we react to them.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 [2]