Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Notification mods?  (Read 622 times)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
Notification mods?
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »

Is there a mod or setting I can adjust to give me an announcement when a dwarf becomes dangerously thirsty or hungry, so I can find trapped colonists, etc?

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notification mods?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 10:27:10 pm »

I don't think so. You can check the health tab periodically for dehydrated / starving dwarves though.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

SeymoreGlass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 11:05:15 pm »

The in game health screen is what I use when I have less than 50 dwarfs or so. After that I use the Dwarf Therapist utility. It doesn't have real-time updating, but it has a health tab that could show you if dwarves are hungry or thirsty at a glance. It's basically the same as the in-game health screen, but maybe a little easier to read, and it doesn't require a chief medical dwarf to be assigned. Like I said, it's not real-time, so it won't pop up with an announcement, but if you tab over to Dwarf Therapist every once in a while and refresh the health tab you can see all your dwarves health statuses.

Edit: there's also a utility called Announcememt Window that more generally answers the question "notification mods?"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:11:48 pm by SeymoreGlass »
The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration (waiting on someone to sig that)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 04:51:44 am »

Announcement Windows is part of the MacLNB pack, which I've only just started playing with (and I've been playing since 40d, so this discovery of utilities, mods and an incredibly functional wiki is....a bit overwhelming in its awesomeness). One weird thing I'm having with Announcement Window is that it doesn't seem to save my font preferences, so I think until I have THAT figured out, I shouldn't muck about with anything harder. 

mgotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:10 am »

Dwarf Therapist has a (new?) tab for health status, so if you're using it tabbed out or multi-screening you have a convenient -and sortable- overview for thirst and hunger (and everything else).