Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Americans are dwarfs  (Read 1760 times)

stealthsilent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Old Americans are dwarfs
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:38:21 am »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_AMpB9Shz8

This documentary talks about Americans exaatly like dwarfs it's funny. They drank at sunrise, during breakfast, AFTER breakfast. Before work, 2 times during work, after work, when they got home, before dinner, during dinner, after dinner, and a little nighttime drink for bedtime. They were always... Always drunk. I'm not describing it enough in detail, but they were freaken, blasted all day, erry day.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old Americans are dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:22 am »

Americans don't know how to drink alcohol.

You might be right, except Americans are not built like dwarfs.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 06:59:20 pm »

Lol, sounds about right. They also smoked cigars and cigarettes constantly (can't have been any better for them than the smaug from all those forges). I am gonna check that documentary out when I have time.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »

I think I watched part of this a few days ago. Ken Burn films are pretty awesome in my opinion. I really liked The War and The Civil War.
Max avatar size is 80x80

stealthsilent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 04:32:14 am »

the part im talking about is on 4:57
but the whole documentary series is amazing:
Jesus im actually learning something special.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 10:29:10 am »

Americans don't know how to drink alcohol.

You might be right, except Americans are not built like dwarfs.
The dead bodies in my tavern suggest that dwarves can't handle their liquor either.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 11:35:54 pm »

This documentary talks about Americans exaatly like dwarfs it's funny. They drank at sunrise, during breakfast, AFTER breakfast. Before work, 2 times during work, after work, when they got home, before dinner, during dinner, after dinner, and a little nighttime drink for bedtime. They were always... Always drunk. I'm not describing it enough in detail, but they were freaken, blasted all day, erry day.

Typically pre-industrial  were drinking small beer, which is functionally nonalcoholic. Drinks needed at least a little fermentation to prevent everyone from dying of diahrea, but it wasn't the same beer that people think of today.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:58 pm »

This is nothing like dwarves! Everyone knows dwarves drink once every few weeks at the most!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 01:25:42 am »

And it's gone. "Deleted by user".
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.