Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any "job advisor" utility for current DF?  (Read 517 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any "job advisor" utility for current DF?
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:40:47 am »

With the increasing complexity of personality traits, moods, etc, it's becoming exceptionally tedius to scour through reams and reams of text in order to figure out who would be the best miners, best soldiers, etc.

Way back in antiquity, there used to be a utility that would scan your dwarves' personalities and suggest which jobs/labors they'd be best at. Is there anything like that around these days?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any "job advisor" utility for current DF?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0
Dwarf Therapist, pretty sure it does all that good stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:09:03 pm »

Thank you Zangi. Therapist is extremely useful, but as far as I know, it doesn't do what I'm asking about; it just allows you to sort by what skill levels they currently have, not what their personality would make them perfect for.

If I'm wrong, bop me on the head and I'll go study the documentation. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

You should bop yourself on the head and check out the "roles" tab in Dwarf Therapist which does exactly that, based on attributes, personality, and preferences.

--nomad-delta