Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dual Thread RP Thingamjigasfkldj OOC/Interest Check/Whatever  (Read 660 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Dual Thread RP Thingamjigasfkldj OOC/Interest Check/Whatever
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »

The continuation of this little snippet, of course.
As anyone who reads my signature would know, I'm pretty fond of weird formats (Multiverse skype!), and what with Red Moon stealing all the attention and saving me from needing to post anywhere else, I figured it was a good time to lay out my latest weird idea.

Basically, the format goes something like this. The RP has two IC threads. Everyone has two characters, one for each thread. Each thread is essentially a separate plotline- one thread may effect the other, but the characters never interact directly. Don't cross the streams. I know, it sounds complicated, but you guys already post in like, forty RPs each, it can't be that bad. :P

The main benefit of this format is that the threads can switch off between shenanigans and plot. When one is doing serious business plot advancing things, the other can be having fun and fooling around and whatever you want. Ideally, this keeps people from getting bored of the lack of shenanigans and keeps people from getting tired of the lack of plot. Pretty much, both of those sentiments being expressed in quick succession is what inspired the idea in the first place. (I'll probably draft an assistant GM or two to make sure we don't have any inopportune lapses in plot coverage. And by assistant GM I mean USEC_OFFICER, of course.)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:00:50 pm by Twi »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Thread RP Thingamjigasfkldj OOC/Interest Check/Whatever
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:05:12 pm »

Thanks for drafting me in to help. :u

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:07:07 pm »

You're welcome!

I might not actually draft you. We'll see. After all, the RP has to get off the ground before any GMing can occur. And I might look for people who have slightly different timezones and schedules, to provided aforementioned as-much-as-possible GMing coverage.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »

Too late. I'm drafted now. You're stuck with me.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »

Oh. I guess THE PACT IS SEALED then.