Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Factors that influence tavern visitor demographics?  (Read 1064 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Factors that influence tavern visitor demographics?
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:11:49 pm »

I have a fort near elves, goblins, and humans. In five years, the vast majority of tavern visitors have been humans. I've had a few dwarves, 1 goblin, and no elves. Are there other factors that determine frequency of visits by the various races, like fortress wealth, or is it all proximity to settlements? I'd like to get an elf or 2 to join my mostly human army. I know it sounds like sacrilege, but elves spilling blood in defense of a dwarf fortress sounds just fine to me.

Oh, and has anyone gotten kobold visitors?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:13:53 pm by VerdantSF »

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
Re: Factors that influence tavern visitor demographics?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »

My visitors have been entirely dwarven, save for two elf poets. I don't remember exactly where on the map I embarked, but I would imagine proximity to civilizations would have something to do with it.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
Re: Factors that influence tavern visitor demographics?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 03:10:10 pm »

Are you sure that the 'elven' outposts are actually populated by elves? IT's possible that they either have vvery low populations, and so there are few people traveling out from them, or that they are actually populated mostly by immigrant humans, in which case the human visitors might well be coming from the elf sites.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007