Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have two dwarf civilizations in Civilizations screen  (Read 1076 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have two dwarf civilizations in Civilizations screen
« on: December 17, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »

Why does this happen? I thought, I can only contact 1 civilization of each kind.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: I have two dwarf civilizations in Civilizations screen
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 10:41:02 pm »

No, it depends on how large the world is and how many civs you enable. Normally you can get a bunch of civs per race.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:22:09 am »

Yes, I know that I can have >1 civ per race.
However, I never seen >1 civ in my "C" screen (e.g. didn't have >1 civ per race that I have relationships with). Is this something new or something I just didn't see in previous versions?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:10:52 am »

It's easier to make contact with civilisations now due to tourists from them visiting?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 05:07:13 am »

It's easier to make contact with civilisations now due to tourists from them visiting?
Yes, visitors, that's probably it. In previous versions you'd only get the Dwarf caravan which comes from your own civ and it's not likely you'd be attacked by another Dwarf civ so the chance of seeing more than one in the civ screen would have been pretty low.

Presumably migrants only came from your own civ too?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:08:51 am by Shonai_Dweller »

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:32:03 am »

Yes, visitors, that's probably it. In previous versions you'd only get the Dwarf caravan which comes from your own civ and it's not likely you'd be attacked by another Dwarf civ so the chance of seeing more than one in the civ screen would have been pretty low.

Presumably migrants only came from your own civ too?

i think the way that dwarves work is that theres the mountianhomes, and then that controls each fortress, and each fortress is a member of your dwarven society

i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/