Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Triple X Tycoon - Greenlit + v2.9 Dev-Alpha  (Read 36516 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Triple X Tycoon
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:26 am »

The video sells it really really well . :o
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2015, 11:28:49 am »

In fact, we openly promote (new trailer alert) non-hetero aspects of the game as well.
"He's so green" got me out of breath laughing. Very well made trailer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »

Doop is going to be doing some kind of hangout or streaming of some development pretty soon, if you backed the project you should be receiving an email about this fairly soon with the details.  In the meantime, if you have any questions you'd like answered feel free to post them here or on our forums and we're 99.99% sure it'll get answered.

As usual, for more general information or updates feel free to check out our twitter page or the website: www.triplextycoon.com

Update - Demo

Any day now we expected to have prepared a private tech demo available by invite only. The idea is to build vertically based on this point in development, to date most of the design we do here has been left fairly open to additional content and scrapping.  Since we built  Triple X Tycoon on a framework from our older projects and prototypes we figured that leaving the design fairly open would be the best way to keep the engine from being a one-trick pony. 

So far, this has proven to true to the point that we think we might have actually built an entirely new engine out of that framework. This is fantastic as it allows us a lot of flexibility when it comes to unique implementation.  In addition to that we have also taken further steps to fleshing out a small programming language (we already use) which could be useful if we decide to lean further into extensive mod support. 

it's funny, because we didn't realize when we started out that the game would grow this big. The city, for example was not in the original spec in an interactive capacity.  One of the latest triumphs on that front was the addition of an "eavesdrop" or "listen" button.  This allows for the player to pick up on conversations that may become useful if in a pinch for cash or leverage when dealing with the various personalities in the game. 

As the tech demo crunch draws to a close, so does the scope of the design of the game itself.  After a whole year it's cool to see all the pieces come together into something cohesive.  While we still have a huge bottleneck in the art area, we're pretty confident in how things are proceeding as the fall sweeps away the leaves.

To contact us

@dooplejoy - Doop (Lead Developer)
@puos_SOUP_puos - Soup (Designer)

Oh, and we got a new "about us" page. Check it out!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:03:11 pm by OLJoy »

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

Is it worth getting on the "beta" if we have Linux? 

ChrisLeJohn

• Bay Watcher
  • For your health
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »

Is it worth getting on the "beta" if we have Linux?

Yup and just so happens, Triple X Tycoon is native to Linux.  It's just a superior development environment. I'd sign you up right now if we were in beta, I'll let you know.
I just learned how to spell escargot.

OLJoy

• Bay Watcher
  • Whodunnit?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2015, 03:22:53 am »

New Devplay (#2) video posted. In the vlog, Doop revisits the sequence from Devplay #1 with notable improvements while dipping a little bit into the hiring mechanics. 

It's Thanksgiving in the U.S today, which doesn't mean much for our remote island programmer. It is crunch time after all, but we thought we'd take a second to thank our supporters, in spirit and otherwise, for believing in the team and Triple X Tycoon.  We have much bigger updates planned, releases, (more) videos, the works!

So keep in touch.  There's always at least one of us available to answer questions.

Website | Forum | Twitter

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »

wut

I read this a month ago or so, how close are you to finishing this?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]