Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarven Propaganda  (Read 8078 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Propaganda
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 06:44:37 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist_McSwitzer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 06:45:39 am »

So is it possible to create some labor-oriented ideologies like communism through an enlightened philosopher?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 10:36:09 am »

Does this have an effect in worlgen? if so, you could become a goblin pacifist or antinatalist and destroy them from the inside.
Isn't that what the youknowwhos have done to Europe?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:08 am »

Does this have an effect in worlgen? if so, you could become a goblin pacifist or antinatalist and destroy them from the inside.
Isn't that what the youknowwhos have done to Europe?

Ooooh a political and possibly offensive joke.

*grabs popcorn*
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

selrahc007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 07:26:02 pm »

I was gonna go full-on godwin's law here, but no heinous act of Hitler/nazis will ever hold a candle to the regular actions of the DF community.
I just have a fetish for making armor out of cats. I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get my bone crafter to decorate my cat leather armor with cat bone.
I'll take "Things you hear on the Bay 12 forums" for $1200, Alex.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 01:15:42 am »

Do dwarfs values change?
Adventure mode you can seem to shift people towards your way of thinking or at least values.
Not like you're going to be able to force dwarfs to read your books either and get them to agree with it.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 06:40:52 am »

Oh god does this mean dwarves that value nature will write seditious books of the elven kind? I suppose I should start an inquistion to root out and destroy all nature loving dwarves.

Thinking about it, it would be neat if a civ paid more for books that suited their beliefs, so for example, elfs would value books like "Reflections on Lust" and "The Eloquence of Trees" much higher than "The Burning of Wood", or what have you, in trade.

I also wonder if you can influence the minds of kobolds by "allowing" them to steal books like "The Horrors of Theft", not likely they can read though.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:57 am »

In an excess of safety, I made sure to sell the book we had called 'Ignorance Explained', which detailed the uselessness of knowledge.

I sold it to the elves.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:04 am »

not likely they can read though.

What if they steal a book about reading?
Pages: 1 2 [3]