Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarves won't haul werebeast corpse  (Read 2005 times)

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarves won't haul werebeast corpse
« on: December 14, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »

My dwarves killed a weremonitor in the trade depot, and won't haul its body (or any of its teeth, etc) either to the refuse pile or the graveyard (I have no idea if it was a dwarf or what).  This is indoors and I've used d-b-c to (c)laim the corpse, even though it wasn't forbidden.  What gives?

Some of my wounded dwarves themselves became weremonitors and were subsequently killed, and their fellows had no problem moving them to the graveyard, so I know there's no general prohibition on hauling werecorpses.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves won't haul werebeast corpse
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:37:04 pm »

Do you have a corpse stockpile? Your own dead dwarves can be buried without one; invaders (including werecreatures) won't be. They won't be put in refuse either - only a corpse stockpile.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »

It's procedurally generated, mind. No settings for it in a refuse pile
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »

Do you have a corpse stockpile? Your own dead dwarves can be buried without one; invaders (including werecreatures) won't be. They won't be put in refuse either - only a corpse stockpile.

This. Plus, if it's outside, make sure to allow dwarves to gather refuse from outside, which defaults to off. Not sure if corpses that go into a (y)-stockpile need that, but it can't hurt just to be sure.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:53 pm »

It can be noted that 0.42.X changed sapient non dwarf corpses to going into the corpse stockpile, while they previously went into the refuse stockpile (all dwarves went into the corpse top level stockpile at least in 0.40.24 [don't know when that started], regardless of whether they were hostile or friendly).

Another thing to check is that the parts aren't 'f'orbidden.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »

Yup, this was the problem.  Coming back to the game after a year or two away, I had completely forgotten about corpse stockpiles.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »

I had this same issue with both were beast corpses and a cyclops corpse.  I believe those all used to go into refuse.

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 12:02:36 am »

This caught me too until I found the magical trigger (setting a corpse pile).
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:36:54 am »

Everything except dwarves (friendly and hostile alike) went into the refuse stockpile previously (0.40.24). You could block procedurally generated critter corpses from a refuse stockpile by first forbidding everything and then permitting individual items. The entries for everything still exist in the refuse pile settings, but won't do anything for sapients.