Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intense lag on Dark Pits/Dark Fortresses - Beak Dogs may be attacking Goblins  (Read 1237 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile

Hey everyone.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
Every time I get close to Dark Pits or a Dark Fortress, the game lags heavily.
Once I got inside, and deep enough on the tower/caves, I find that big room where Trolls and other stuff usually hang around.
Well, when I get there they are all dead, and the [tamed] Beak Dogs are hurt.
The game also gets painfully slow.

Did anyone else experience this?
Thanks!

PS: Oh yeah. I generated the world on 0.42.01 and currently playing 0.42.02, vanilla.
PS2: A bonus question - when you rescue Prisoners, do they have some psychopathic tendencies towards other prisoners? I saved 3 dorfs and they just kill any prisoner I try to rescue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:32:06 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

I've also experienced this, but I didn't even bother trying to get inside because it lagged me more than being inside a massive city. Might be worth reporting to Toady if it hasn't already been.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lags in dark fortresses exists since these fortresses were introduced (0.40).
It's partly because of the huge amounts of trolls (and now beak dogs).
The other part would be the slaughtering inside these fortresses - pathing and pathing and pathing. It just takes a while til some hundreds of creatures did their move.

If you want to have a more FPS-friendly environment, just reduce the numbers of trolls inside your world-data. But be aware that fortress mode won't be as !FUNNY! as before due to a lower amount of enemies.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:25:53 pm by SaD-82 »

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PS2: A bonus question - when you rescue Prisoners, do they have some psychopathic tendencies towards other prisoners? I saved 3 dorfs and they just kill any prisoner I try to rescue.
Even captured prisoners still are aggresive to other cyvilizations. If there was a war between civilization, They will try fight.

Leaving them somewhere, going for next prisoners, save and load, should resolve your problem sometimes (prisoners will be assigned to your factrion). Dwarves which are in very vengenfull mood (in vanilla, They have blinking yellow cross on them) will start atack strangers without warning too.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Even captured prisoners still are aggresive to other cyvilizations. If there was a war between civilization, They will try fight.

Leaving them somewhere, going for next prisoners, save and load, should resolve your problem sometimes (prisoners will be assigned to your factrion). Dwarves which are in very vengenfull mood (in vanilla, They have blinking yellow cross on them) will start atack strangers without warning too.
isn't blinking yellow [X]  means their yielding?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes