Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peacefulkiller, the quest for a new Mountainhome  (Read 2590 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Peacefulkiller, the quest for a new Mountainhome
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »

Miner's Log ???:

He's coming.

The mayor. The mayor went berserk. He suddenly sprouted tons of muscles, became incredibly agile and legendary with his weapon, and started killing everyone.

The carnage...

Events as they happened on 17th Timber, 1053, Late Autumn

The mayor stood there. The peasant looked confused. He had been feeling better when he was talking to the mayor, and suddenly he had become silent.

Snap.

It was almost audible. You could see it in the mayor's eyes, a growing mad rage. The pupils turned red. "Oh my," whispered the peasant.

Outside, the champion marksdwarf looked down at her chest, saw blood spurting from an unknown source. And collapsed to the ground.

The mayor drew his sword, and sliced the peasant's head off in one flick of a wrist.

He slowly made his way outside, and proceeded to kill everyone he could fine. War dogs went flying, smashing into reinforcements. After killing a few random civilians, the mayor looked like he knew what he was doing a lot better. The casualties multiplied. Dwarves died.

Unsuspecting guards and would-be soldiers fought in the barracks, unaware of the carnage above and how it would soon descend to them.

Dralin, up in the markdwarf tower, gasped for air, crawling around on the floor, trailing blood. Her career as a champion, so shortlived, was over. Stiffy, also a champion, was resting peacefully, her death would come later.

In the magnetite mining area, the mayor sent a mule flying all the way across, slamming into a wall on the other side and exploding.

Frantic leaders tried to order dwarves inside, resulting in mass confusion from the poorly designed civilian defense system. The dwarves fled down the hallway as the mayor sent corpses everywhere.

He chased the group down into the fancy bedrooms, where corpses flew across the giant dining room. He ran into the barracks, and promptly slew the training troops. The population had gone from 75 to 49. And casualties grew.

Suddenly, a guard who had trained particularly well dealt a blow that killed the mayor. A hushed silence fell. Was the menace gone?

No.

The mayor rose, as a zombie, exactly as skilled, and began his killing spree again. The outpost manager tried to fight him, sustained injuries, and ran. The carnage continued, until all were dead.

I realized my fortress didn't stand a chance against goblins.

(pics later)

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

Where was I on the list of casualties?  How long did I manage to make it, or did my dwarf suffer one of those mysterious dwarven heart attacks that cause body parts to fly off?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »

You happened to be in the courtyard and were one of the first to die. Also, region folder for adventuring will be uploaded soon.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 12:21:00 am »

Heh, first community fort I ever hop onto and first my masterpiece engraving gets dug out, and then I'm ripped apart by a berserk superdwarven mayor who goes on to become a zombie.

Pity you can't continue it as a fullscale zombie fort, and have everyone come back from the dead to conquer their little corner of the world for the powers of death.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

Indeed, that would be pretty cool. As it is, you can explore the abandoned fortress. By the way, I gave the skellie red wounds everywhere so if he isn't dead you can kill him as long as you strike the first blow.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 [2]