Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How much food can a backpack hold?  (Read 1169 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
How much food can a backpack hold?
« on: December 08, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »

Somehow, I only just now noticed the option to adjust the amount of food & booze carried by a squad.  So a few questions have now arisen;

- How many units of Roast can a backpack contain?
- Does a single flask/waterskin hold the default 2 Urists of booze, or do they use 2 containers?
- Is there any point to having more than 1 Urist of food?  That is, can I order a squad stationed long enough to use more than 1 food without them becoming angry or walking off?
- If a Dwarf requires sleep during a Station order, will they will abandon post or just sleep on the ground?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: How much food can a backpack hold?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:36:01 pm »

1. 3 food items.  You can set dwarves to not carry food, carry one, two, or three, provided they have a backpack.
2. I believe this is also three for one flast/waterskin.
3. Yes, for extremely long deployments they'll stand where posted and eat as necessary from their backpack.  They'll probably run out of drink first, though.  They also prefer eating at a table and chair when possible. 
4. I believe there's a toggle for "sleep in bedroom" and "sleep where stationed" but I don't remember where it is off-hand.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »

I thought this thread was going to be some kind of tongue twister joke.

How many snack stacks can a backpack pack if a backpack can stash stacks?

infrequentLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:24 pm »

Backpacks pack stacks of pack snack stacks back.  Pack snack snackers whack backpack packers to snack on stacks of pack snacks.
Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:48:10 am »

I thought this thread was going to be some kind of tongue twister joke.

How many snack stacks can a backpack pack if a backpack can stash stacks?
Backpacks pack stacks of pack snack stacks back.  Pack snack snackers whack backpack packers to snack on stacks of pack snacks.
:-\ ..... :D