Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visitors hostile after unretiring  (Read 1510 times)

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visitors hostile after unretiring
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »

So I've retired and unretired my fortress a few times, and each time, the visitors in my fortress stick around and become "hostile" after unretiring. They aren't actually hostile though, they just mill around at ground level, not eating or sleeping. Now I have a total of 163 visitors, compared to my dwarven population of 147.

Anyone notice anything like this? I dunno what to do besides killing all the visitors or start a new fortress. :(

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Visitors hostile after unretiring
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:29:25 pm »

I've found the same kinda thing happens when you reclaim an abandoned/FB destroyed fort, the native population is usually 90% hostile. You should be fine to kill them without issue, they won't suddenly all attack I don't think.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Visitors hostile after unretiring
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:37:48 pm »

I've had the same thing, sort of. But it was my long term residents who were "hostile", but actually weren't attacking anything. The ones who were actually visiting were gone.

They also left my citizen's list and went back to the Other tab.