Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is bay12games.com down?  (Read 1709 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is bay12games.com down?
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:30:05 am »

It keeps giving me a timeout error but right here it says it's up. Is anyone else getting errors?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is bay12games.com down?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 09:45:14 am »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:48:24 am »

It's actually loading on mobile data too... what the hell?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 09:48:38 am »

No issues here either.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 09:55:50 am »

Perhaps try opening cmd and doing ipconfig /flushdns
It might or might not help. (If not, maybe reboot your modem and router, perhaps)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:47:24 am »

This is beyond me... rebooting the router and modem does not help, nor does flushdns, and even when I go on my wifi and test the page with my phone, it works. This particular PC seems to be the only one having problems right now - it's not even a network issue, it's purely that this computer suddenly does not like that site.

dffd.bay12games.com and bay12forums.com/smf are working 100% fine. Trying to go to just bay12forums.com (and not /smf) still redirects me to bay12games, and fails. Going to any subdirectory of games (such as bay12games.com/dwarves) gives the same result.

Edit: Rebooting PC does not help. Switching browsers does not help either.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:52:34 am by latias1290 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 11:09:57 am »

Try deleting the cache for the site? You didn't say you tried that.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 11:54:44 am »

Clearing the whole cache has no effect either. I went through the whole firewall rule list, but nothing to do with bay12games.com (that is, deduced from the fact that there are no rules on port 80).

Edit: The next day, it was working again.

???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:49:03 am by latias1290 »

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 11:24:53 am »

I hate to be 'that guy' but have you tried a different browser, or maybe a web proxy? I mean, just to maybe help isolate the problem a bit more. Chrome used to do that to me, 'memorizing' the page was offline, and not trying to connect anymore, but that should've been erased with the cache clear.. But still, try a different browser, it might work.