Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As of yet unnamed God/Srategy/RP-Game Testround (3/7) OOC  (Read 470 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
As of yet unnamed God/Srategy/RP-Game Testround (3/7) OOC
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:35:05 pm »

Well hello there, recent re-reading of The Malazan Book of the Fallen -Series brought back an old idea i had.
Namely somehow using a Deck of Dragons/Tarot style card-mechanic and integrating it into a Game.

What i came up with was this: Prod and Pull (Name is work in progress)

What this is, is a weird mix of using the Deck of Dragons for a Godhood Style Game.

Players take the role of a Ruler of a House/Warren and fight over influence in the Mortal World.

They do this deploying cards from their Hand representing beings under their influence. If two Beings of opposing Houses come together at the same place with opposing goals, they are getting into a Confrontation. These usually end with someone dead, imprisoned in unhealthy places or otherwise knocked out of the Great Game for the forseeable future.

However, Power draws Power and as conflicts draw out and escalate more and more Factions are dragged into a given Conflict (Here called Gambit) potentially ending in a continent-destroying omnicidal clusterfuck.

Most of the Game Mechanics are built around players being able to play it cool and covert or alternatively shit on the consequences and draw out everyone and everything into world ending disasters.

Each Gambit starts with Two Houses opposing each other in a Region where said Gambit takes part. The winner gets to influence events his way. However as such conflicts draw on more and more houses may be drawn in, destroyed, rebuilt, return and so forth.

The idea behind this is to create some awesome complex narratives and fun stories similiar to those in the Malazan-Series...basically godhood with less god pileup on everything thats going on.

The Rules above in the link are as of yet unfinished, unrefined and unformatted which is why i want to do a Testround first trying to figure out if this game even works and what rules i have to change to make it run somewhat round.
If the Testround runs well enough it will also serve as a kind of prologue for the Main Game.

If you are interested pm me and we will hash out the Details of your House for the Testround.
I'll need at least 3 players to test this properly and preferably 7 as that will be the aimed at number of players in the actual version of the game.

Now here's hoping someone is actually interested in this :P
Oh yeah if anything is confusing or unclear feel free to ask, the rules i've written down in that paste were mostly my own notes and will propably be rather...badly explained.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:13:04 pm by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: As of yet unnamed God/Srategy/RP-Game Testround OOC
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 05:38:46 am »

Okay, we have three Players so far, just enough for a test round. I would like to get this rolling this evening, since i have a short span of internet again otherwise i have to use university internet. Anyway, if the last player sends in his updated stuff i can do the initial game post and we can start.