Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's just sad  (Read 707 times)

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
That's just sad
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

So I decided to make a Fort next to a Lake. I spend about 15 mins planning out the dwarves and supplies. Im excited.
My two miners start off by making my gate and they dig out a stockpile for wood. Im about 25 mins into it. Then, my female miner, gets attacked by carp. That sucks. Her head made it all the way to the staircase down to my fort. Her lover, my other miner decides to pick up her loved one's body. Damn carp get him too.
I quickly abandoned my fortress. I really liked them two.

(losing isn't always fun)

The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

Brent Not Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That's just sad
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 07:03:00 am »

It's funny how you sometimes get attached to the little morons.

In a recent fortress, I noticed after a while that my two top marksdwarves had a romantic thing for each other. Precious! Tragedy struck when a hydra came visiting, and several of my marksdwarves decided to hit the damn thing with their bows once they ran out of ammo. Both sweethearts were there for the attack: she died, and he survived.

He leads the squad now, all lonely.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

A real dwarf smiles even on the brink of desperation (I play with the standard 640x300 tileset).
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by zagibu:
<STRONG>A real dwarf smiles even on the brink of desperation (I play with the standard 640x300 tileset).</STRONG>

Amen to that.

Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.